|9| Christmas Danger

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Hey! I'm not the only criminal anymore!"└──── •✧• ────┘

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Hey! I'm not the only criminal anymore!"
└──── •✧• ────┘

"I thought I'd find you out here." Henry spoke, walking up to Valentina, who was busy spray painting another blank wall.

Valentina turned around quickly, the sudden voice startling her. "Don't scare me like that." She rolled her eyes, turning back around to continue working on her latest piece.

"You know it's like four in the morning right?" The blonde crossed his arms watching the girl work.

"Couldn't sleep." Valentina shrugged.

"Would this have anything to do with what happened the other day?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Valentina hadn't been sleeping since the day she went to an alternate reality and found out her mother was dead again. It was like an old wound resurfacing, a scab that kept getting picked off.

"Yes you do." Henry argued, pulling Valentina away from her wall and taking the can out of her hand. "Talk to me."

Valentina sighed. "I really wanted to see her again." She admitted, looking down at the floor.

Henry didn't speak, choosing to hug the girl instead. His arms comfortingly placed themselves around her neck and he pulled Valentina in. "It'll get better."

"Sure it will." Valentina spoke sarcastically, her voice muffled by Henry's shoulder.

Henry closed his eyes as he let himself get lost in Valentina's scent and the warmth of her embrace. He knew that no words could fully alleviate the pain she was feeling, but he hoped that his presence alone could provide some solace.

Time seemed to stand still as they held each other, their silent embrace speaking volumes. Valentina's tears soaked Henry's shirt, a testament to the weight of her sorrow. He held her tighter, offering a silent promise to be there for her, no matter what.

After what felt like an eternity, Valentina finally pulled away, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. Her eyes were red and puffy, but there was a flicker of determination in them.

"I need to keep painting," Valentina said, her voice shaky but resolute. "It's the only thing that keeps my mind from spiraling."

Henry nodded, finally understanding the cathartic power of her art. "I'll be here for moral support."

"You're not gonna arrest me this time, KD?" She teased, causing the boy to roll his eyes.