|8| Rock Box Dump

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Shut up before I crack your skull

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Shut up before I crack your skull."
└──── •✧• ────┘

Valentina was bored. Bored and worried. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, anxiously looking around her room as she waited for Henry to return from one of his nights as Kid Danger.

The two had been peacefully sleeping, with it being midnight and all, when Henry had gotten an emergency call from Ray, telling him he needed to meet him in the park to catch two criminals.

It had been an hour, and Valentina had refused to go back to sleep until Henry had returned safely. Unfortunately for her, that meant sitting in the dark at one in the morning, staring at her window.

She thought about the dangers he faced every night, the villains and the unpredictability of each mission. It was a part of Henry's life she had come to accept, but never something she could get used to. The fear of losing him gnawed at her, a constant shadow looming over their relationship.

Suddenly, she heard a soft noise from the window. Her head snapped towards the sound, heart leaping in her chest. The window slowly opened, and a familiar figure climbed through, looking beaten up.

Valentina's heart clenched at the sight of Henry's bruises and cuts. Without a second thought, she rushed to his side, the boy immediately slumping into her tiredly as she lead him to her bed.

Henry was still in his normal clothes, but transforming out of Kid Danger didn't mean getting rid of the dirt, blood, and bruises that littered his form.

"Baby." She teased, standing in between his legs as she cradled his head, scanning it for injuries. There were two small cuts on his face, one on his cheek and one on his forehead. There was also a nasty bruise beginning to form on his jaw, making Valentina curse under her breath.

Henry rested his hands lazily around Valentina's waist as he stared up at her, watching her scan his face. He had nothing but love in his eyes, despite the pain and exhaustion that was consuming him. The way she cared so deeply for him warmed his heart, and he was eternally grateful to have her in his life.

Reluctantly, Valentina removed Henry's hands from her waist and left for the bathroom, coming back with a damp cloth. "You're such an idiot." She scolded, gently wiping the blood from his face.

She admired the blonde's face as she worked, trying not to get lost in the brown eyes that were burning holes into her. Valentina brushed a strand of blonde hair away from his forehead softly so she could reach the top of his cut, her movements gentle.

Henry winced at the contact, his hands resuming his hold on Valentina's waist once again. "I'm in pain and you're insulting me."