|12| Double Date Danger

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Seafood? She doesn't even like seafood

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Seafood? She doesn't even like seafood. How can he be a good boyfriend if he doesn't even know she doesn't like seafood?"
└──── •✧• ────┘

It had been two weeks since Isaiah and Valentina started dating, and Henry didn't know how much longer he could stand it.

He'd been keeping his distance from the girl, making excuses to leave the group when she joined and speaking to her only when necessary, but he hated it.

"She's laughing. Why is she laughing?" Henry huffed as he watched Isaiah and Valentina across the hall.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. "She's probably laughing because Isaiah said something funny."

"Stop staring at them, it's creepy." Jasper added.

"I'm not staring." Henry defended, turning his attention to his two friends. "I was just taking a quick look to make sure they're not evil carbon copies of the real Val and Isaiah."

"That's the dumbest thing you've ever said." Charlotte scoffed.

"Shut up they're coming over here." Henry whispered frantically.

"Hey guys." Valentina greeted, her hand in Isaiah's.

"Heyyy Val. Isaiah. You guys look great. really." Henry rambled awkwardly. "I should go. To class. Bye." He spoke, backing away slowly, not realizing there was a teacher behind him.

"Henry!" Miss Shapen shouted, causing the blonde to jump back toward the group in fear.

Valentina furrowed her eyebrows. Why was Henry being so weird? He'd been making dumb excuses to get away from her since she had  starting dating Isaiah, they'd barely even talked. Valentina felt upset. She missed him.

"Pick a number between 1 and 100." Miss Shapen ordered Henry.

"72." He blurted.

"Wrong! Now you have to do me a favor." The woman smiled triumphantly.

"Why does he have to do you a favor?" Valentina raised an eyebrow.

"Because he guessed the number wrong." Miss Shapen responded. "My niece is coming to visit and I can't have her stay with me because she's allergic to cats. So I want her to stay at your house." She pointed at Henry.

"This feels like we're crossing a teacher-student boundary that shouldn't be crossed." Valentina chimed in.

"You be quiet miss sleeps in class." Miss Shapen scolded, causing Valentina to roll her eyes.