|10| Talking Shit While Valentina Tries on Fifty Different Things

┌──── •✧• ────┐"You should fix your hair

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"You should fix your hair."
└──── •✧• ────┘

Valentina wished she could've stayed in New York for a while longer, but as soon as the concert was over, she, Henry, and Ray were back on a plane to Swellview.

She was silently grateful to be without Babe and Kenzie. Their tireless flirting with her boyfriend was annoying her, no matter how much she told herself that they were just young girls.

The flight to Swellview was no different from the flight to New York. Valentina was still terrified, and she clung to Henry like her life depended on it.

Finally, the plane touched down in Swellview, and Valentina  finally let go of Henry's hand as she relaxed. She didn't feel tired on the plane, but as soon as her feet touched solid ground, exhaustion overtook her.

Henry noticed her yawn, her eyes fighting to stay open. "Someone's tired." He commented as they walked through the airport.

"It's one in the morning. Of course I'm tired." Valentina snapped, irritation getting to her.

"Want me to carry you?" Henry asked, smirking.

"Yes."

"I was joking."

"I wasn't."

Henry sighed, squatting down to let Valentina get on his back. She climbed on, feeling relieved to have the weight off of her feet. She nestled into his shoulder and closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of his body comforting her as they made their way through the airport.

"You guys are gross." Ray commented, shaking his head.

Valentina, still with her eyes closed, was too tired to form a coherent response. Instead, she just lifted her hand, giving the man her middle finger.

"Real mature." Ray grumbled.

The group made their way through the airport, Valentina falling asleep on Henry's back somewhere along the way.  Even if the blonde complained initially, he was happy to have his girlfriend so close to him. He loved feeling her warmth against his back and knowing she trusted him enough to let her guard down and sleep in such a vulnerable state.

Finally, the three made it outside, and Henry gently woke Valentina up as Ray hailed a cab. "I have to put you down so we can get in the car." Henry spoke softly.

Valentina mumbled incoherently, but slowly slid off Henry's back and stood on her own. She got into the car as Henry and Ray put their bags in the trunk, soon joining her.