|18| Holy Shit

┌──── •✧• ────┐"You think you're so much smarter than me don't you? "

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"You think you're so much smarter than me don't you? "

"Because I am."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"No."

"V-"

"I'm not going back there."

"You have to go back to your house at some point." Henry reasoned.

Ever since Rebecca's return to Robert's life almost three weeks ago, Valentina had refused to go back to her house. She'd been staying at Henry's indefinitely, his closet now overflowing with Valentina's clothes that she made Henry go to her house retrieve for her.

"Do you not want me here anymore?" Valentina asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms as she sat on top of Henry's bed. Logically, she knew Henry was just trying to help. But the emotional part of her brain wouldn't stop telling Valentina that Henry just wanted to get rid of her.

"Of course I want you here." Henry sighed. He walked toward his closet and opened the door, revealing the overflowing mountain of clothes that had taken over his closet. "But I can't see my own clothes anymore."

Valentina's tough exterior faltered as she stared at the mess she had caused. Henry was right, she was messing with his space. She felt guilty. But at the same time, she felt hurt. the little voice was screaming in her head that her boyfriend had grown tired of her. She felt vulnerable. Valentina hated feeling vulnerable. So she did what she does best, pushed it down and grew cold.

She took a deep breath and stood up, straightening her clothes. "If you think I'm a burden fine. I'll just go to Shawn's."

Henry's jaw clenched. "I don't think you're a burden." He spoke neutrally, trying to keep a clear head because Valentina obviously wasn't thinking rationally. "I just think you should be able to live in your own house."

Valentina shifted her weight to her other foot as she crossed her arms once again. "Yeah well I think you should mind your own business." She spit, eyes narrowing.

Henry scoffed. "How can I mind my own business if you're always here?" He raised his voice, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

Valentina's eyes flashed with anger. "If you don't want me here fine! I'll leave!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Good!"

"Good!"