|12| Henry the Man Beast

┌──── •✧• ────┐"I'm sorry I called you a scared little bitch

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"I'm sorry I called you a scared little bitch."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"I have this weird self esteem issue where I hate myself but I still think I'm better than everyone else." Valentina mused, standing between Shawn and Henry. "What do you think that means?"

"It means you need a therapist." Henry answered as he handed the girl her books from his locker.

"Why do you have your stuff in Henry's locker?" Shawn asked Val.

"Because I'm too lazy to use my locker that's in another hallway."

Henry nodded as he closed his locker. "She just shares mine."

Shawn nodded thoughtfully, watching as the two friends interacted. Valentina told him that they were just friends, but still, he couldn't help but wonder if there was more to it.

He hoped Val was right, he hoped they just saw each other as friends. He had grown to really like the brown haired girl next to him, and wanted nothing more than to call her his girlfriend. It was never the right time to ask her, however. She was never alone, always with either Henry or another one of her friends.

Shawn tuned back into the conversation just as two boys, Sydney and Oliver, stood in front of Henry. Oliver was holding his phone, filming.

Val and Shawn took a couple of steps away to avoid being in Oliver's video, but could still hear what was going on.

"Can I ask out Chloe?" Sydney asked the blonde hopefully.

Valentina cringed, knowing Henry still had a soft spot for the mentioned girl. She didn't blame him, Chloe was sweet and was indeed very pretty. They were cute together, but Chloe couldn't handle Henry always blowing her off for work, which granted, was being a super hero sidekick, but she didn't know that.

Shawn grew confused. He had never heard anyone mention this girl before. He leaned into Val, talking quietly as to not disturb the scene before them.

"Who's Chloe?"

"Henry's kinda ex girlfriend? They both really liked each other, but never made it official because Henry kept ditching her to go to work."

Shawn nodded, relieved almost. If Henry liked this Chloe, then there'd be room for him to like Valentina. He watched the rest of the scene intently.

"Uh, yeah go ahead. Ask out Chloe." Henry told the boy in front of him, an annoyed look on his face as Sydney ran off excitedly, Oliver following.