|24| Two Teenagers Offend the Sky

┌──── •✧• ────┐"What are you doing?"

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"What are you doing?"

"Cursing the sky."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"You are not wiping his brain." Valentina spoke authoritatively, standing protectively in front of Shawn. The burgers Charlotte and Jasper brought were long forgotten, getting cold as they sat alone on the table.

"Excuse me?" Shawn's eyes widened in fear.

"Don't worry Ray never says no to Val." Charlotte whispered next to him.

"We have to, it's too risky for anyone else to know." Ray argued. "I've already excused Charlotte and Jasper."

"What's one more person?" Henry spoke up. "C'mon Ray." He begged.

Ray seemed to think it over. He put a finger on his chin and stared off into the distance. "Let me think about it. No." He deadpanned, his dislike for Shawn showing.

"He's our friend." Jasper added desperately, standing on the other side of Shawn.

The whirring sound of the memory wiper came to life as Ray pressed a button, pointing it at Valentina. "Move Martinez." He ordered.

Valentina narrowed her eyes, her determination unwavering. "No."

The tension in the room spiked dramatically with the activation of the memory wiper. Shawn's heart raced as he realized the gravity of the situation. Valentina, unflinching in front of him, stood as a barrier between him and Ray.

Henry watched, worry etched in his brows. He knew Ray would never intentionally fire the memory wiper at her, but a part of him was still scared. He wouldn't know what to do with himself if Valentina lost all memory of herself and him. Still, he felt proud of his girlfriend. She stood in front of her friends protectively, without fear. She was the epitome of bravery.

"Either you put down the wiper, or you shoot me and Shawn. What's it gonna be Manchester?" Valentina asked, crossing her arms.

Ray's expression faltered, the weight of her ultimatum hitting him hard. The room was thick with tension, every eye fixed on the standoff.

Finally, with a heavy sigh, Ray lowered the weapon, his posture signaling surrender. "Fine. You win." He groaned, annoyed.

The teens visibly relaxed, relief washing over them like a wave. Both Shawn and Henry let out breaths they didn't know they were holding, and Valentina smiled triumphantly.