|2| Sick and Wired

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Loves? Who said anything about love? Why are we using the L word?"└──── •✧• ────┘

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Loves? Who said anything about love? Why are we using the L word?"
└──── •✧• ────┘

"I can't believe it's our last weekend before school and you decided to spend it sick." Valentina complained as she laid in Henry's bed, playing with his hair. The boy was resting on her stomach with his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

"I can't help it." Henry argued, sounding congested. "But at least I have you to keep me company." His eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of Valentina messing softly with his hair.

"You mean to tell me we spent an entire summer together and you're not tired of me yet?" Valentina teased. It was true, that hadn't gone one day apart that summer, and neither of them minded.

The summer was spent enjoying each other's company, whether it was Valentina laying her head in Henry's lap on the beach, Piper and Valentina teaming up to throw Henry in the pool, picnics in the park, or even just whispered conversations late at night. The two were inseparable, their bond only strengthening with each passing moment. They were each other's constants.

"I'd never get tired of you." Henry mumbled into her, sleep evident in his voice.

"Ditto." Valentina smiled. "But you better not get me sick." She warned, her tone of voice playful. She looked at her phone, noticing the time. "I have to go get your medicine." She announced, moving to leave the bed.

Henry tightened his grip on her waist, pulling her back. "Don't leave."

Warmth filled Valentina's chest. She loved the feeling of his arms around her. Add the sound of his sleepy voice? She was a goner. Valentina sighed, not making another move to get up and immediately began playing with Henry's hair once again.

"Fine, but I don't want to hear any complaints about your head hurting."

"Fine." Henry murmured.

The two stayed content in their position for another twenty minutes before Henry's watch beeped. He groaned, annoyed. He really didn't wanna get up, he was so comfortable.

"Are you gonna answer that?" Valentina raised an eyebrow.

Henry sighed reluctantly, glancing at his watch with a hint of annoyance. "I guess I should," he muttered, already missing the comfort of their shared embrace. With a reluctant sigh, he released his hold on Valentina and sat up next to her.

"Hey Ray." Henry spoke once the hologram of the man came up on his watch.

"Hey Henry." Ray greeted, then noticed the girl sitting next to him. "Why are you two in the same bed?" He narrowed his eyes, pointing a finger at Henry. "You better not be–"