|22| Dodging Danger

┌──── •✧• ────┐"I have fun!"

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"I have fun!"

"A five hour nap is not fun, it's depression."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"Missed me!" Jasper exclaimed as he dodged the balls Charlotte and Schwoz threw at him while bouncing on the small trampoline under him.

Valentina was paying them no attention as she lied sprawled out on the couch, airpods in both ears. She had been pretty quiet ever since Drex two days ago, her head still occupied with grief and thoughts of Elena.

While the girl's behavior didn't go unnoticed by the group, no one wanted to push her to talk, in fear that she might blow up, like a ticking time bomb.

No one knew of what had happened at the Martinez household that day, except for Henry of course. But the blonde knew it wasn't his place to say anything. Valentina would tell people if she wanted to. All that he could do was be there for her, and he would be.

"We're back." Henry announced as he and Ray came down the tubes, still in their superhero attire.

"Hey guys." Charlotte greeted, throwing another ball at Jasper.

"Hey Hen, guess what I'm training for." Jasper grinned excitedly.

"Does it involve bouncing?" Henry asked as he walked over to his girlfriend on the couch, standing over her expectantly, waiting for her to realize he had returned.

Valentina enjoyed the noise cancelling aspect of her headphones. She laid comfortably on her back, getting lost in her music, her eyes closed. She didn't even realize that Henry and Ray had come back from their mission. Which made it all the more terrifying when she opened her eyes and saw Henry in his Kid Danger uniform standing over her, staring at her.

Henry groaned in pain as Valentina's reflexes kicked in, immediately punching him in the face. "Ow!" He whined, holding his nose.

"Don't scare me like that el pendejo!" Valentina scolded, taking out her airpods and sitting up on the couch. "Are you okay?" She asked in a softer tone.

"Why do you hit so hard?" Henry complained, sitting down next to the girl.

Valentina shrugged. "You're a superhero, you can take a hit."

"Still hurts." Henry grumbled, turning his attention back to Jasper and Charlotte. "What are you training for?"

"He's training for a three on three dodge a leen tournament." Charlotte answered, crossing her arms.