16| Grave Danger

┌──── •✧• ────┐    "I'm calling you Prancing Pony from now on

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"I'm calling you Prancing Pony from now on."

"Please don't."

"Whatever you say Magic Muffin."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"So, I almost kissed someone and I almost died. That's been my week." Valentina finished explaining to Shawn. The two often caught up at their favorite spot, the Swellview playground. After their failed relationship, their friendship blossomed. Valentina couldn't imagine her life without him.

The two were currently sat side beside on the swings, watching children run around. Shawn shook his head in disbelief. "How is it that everywhere you go you get someone to fall in love with you?"

Valentina scoffed. "I do not."

Shawn rolled his eyes, counting on his fingers. "Me, Henry, this Isiah kid–"

"Henry is not in love with me." Valentina interrupted.

Shawn smirked. "Oh come on! It's so obvious!" He groaned, getting off of his swing and pulling Valentina with him. "You two still haven't realized it yet?"

"There's nothing to realize." Valentina shrugged as the two walked down the sidewalk.

Shawn raised an eyebrow, his voice filled with amusement. "You're either incredibly oblivious or in complete denial. Henry has been head over heels for you since day one. It's like a cheesy romantic comedy unfolding right before our eyes."

Valentina rolled her eyes. "Will you shut up?"

"Okay, fine. I'll drop it for now." Shawn surrendered. "What are you gonna do about Isaiah?"

"I don't know." Valentina admitted. "He's cute, and we have really good chemistry, but I don't think I want a relationship."

Shawn shrugged. "Then don't be in a relationship."

Valentina stopped walking, a look of confusion written on her features. "Like, be in a relationship without the relationship?"

"Why not? He's hot, you're hot, what's the issue?"

Valentina couldn't help the laugh that escaped her. "I never thought of you as the friends with benefits type."

Shawn shrugged, a smirk so effortlessly placed on his face. "There's a lot you don't know about me, Martinez. I was quite the player before you." He teasingly wrapped an arm around the girl's shoulders, the two continuing walking down the road.