|1| Welcome Back to Reality

┌──── •✧• ────┐"I got pinched by a crab and Henry almost cheated on me

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"I got pinched by a crab and Henry almost cheated on me."
└──── •✧• ────┘

Florida had been great. Valentina enjoyed spending time with the Hart family, and it was just what she needed to get her mind away from the pain and grief that always followed her.

She and Henry were inseparable, never leaving each other's side. That is until it was time for bed, and Henry's parents made them sleep in separate rooms. Though Henry would still find a way to sneak into Valentina's room, their nights filled with whispered conversations and stolen kisses.

Their beach days were eventful. First, Henry almost fell over when he saw Valentina in her swimsuit. Sure, he'd seen her in a swimsuit before, but this was different. This time, it was as if he was seeing her beauty with fresh eyes, the sunlight dancing off her skin and the ocean breeze tousling her hair in a way that took his breath away.

Second, Valentina got pinched by a crab, which sent her screaming and refusing to get in the water again until Henry forcibly carried her and placed her in the waves, ensuring her she was safe.

Third, Valentina almost murdered a girl for hitting on Henry.

Their last night in Florida, Henry had convinced his parents to let the two go out on their own. Then ended up on the beach, a blanket spread out on the sand under the expanse of a starlit sky. The sounds of the waves provided a soothing backdrop to their quiet conversation, the air filled with the salt of the sea and the warmth of their closeness.

"I don't wanna go home." Valentina murmured, resting her head on Henry's shoulder.

Henry sensed she meant more than just going back to Swellview. She meant going back to the real world, where she'd remember her mom wasn't there and her strained relationship with her father.

The blonde put an arm around Valentina, pulling her closer into his side. "You don't have to go back if you're not ready. You know we all love having you over."

Valentina felt a surge of gratitude for Henry's understanding and support. She nestled closer to him, drawing comfort from his presence. "I miss my studio." Valentina sighed.

"When you decide you're ready to go back, I'll be with you." Henry assured, leaning his head on hers as they stared out where the sea met the sky.

Valentina's heart swelled with warmth at Henry's words, feeling immensely grateful for his unwavering support and encouragement. She closed her eyes, savoring the peaceful moment shared between them as they gazed out at the vast expanse of the ocean.