|7| Two on the Graveyard Bench

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Bye Chad

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Bye Chad."
└──── •✧• ────┘

"Hey princess." Cameron greeted, sneaking up behind the girl alone at Henry's locker.

Valentina rolled her eyes and turned around to face the blonde. "I'm not a princess."

Cameron grinned, undeterred by the girl's attitude. "You're pretty and rich, you're a princess."

Valentina couldn't help the smile the formed on her lips. "Shut up."

"Make me." Cameron spoke softer, his voice carrying a playful challenge as he leaned in closer to her, his gaze lingering on her lips for a moment before meeting her eyes again.

Don't get her wrong, Valentina was perfectly happy with Henry. There was no one else she'd rather be with. But the way Cameron leaned in ever so slightly, challenging her with his eyes stirred butterflies in her stomach that she was trying so hard to ignore.

"What's going on?" Henry interrupted purposefully, looking between a flustered Valentina and smirking Cameron.

Valentina backed up from the mentioned blonde, trying to calm her heart. "Cam's being dumb." She answered.

Cameron raised an eyebrow. "Cam?"

"You call me princess, I call you Cam." Valentina shrugged.

"You can call me whatever you want princess." Cameron winked.

Henry practically had steam coming out of his ears. How dare this guy flirt with his girlfriend right in front of him. At first he thought that maybe the bad feeling about Cameron was just in his imagination, but now he knew it was very real.

"We should go to class." Henry interrupted the two abruptly, glaring at Cameron.

Valentina furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "But class doesn't start for another–"

She couldn't get another word out before Henry grabbed her hand and pulled her along, walking past Cameron. "We gotta go. Bye Chad."

"Cameron." The blonde corrected after them, but the two were already down the hallway.

Valentina glanced at Henry as they walked away. His jaw was set, eyes narrowed. She could feel the tension radiating off of him in waves. "What was that?"

"Nothing." Henry answered shortly, his eyes focused straight ahead as they walked.

"Bullshit." Valentina argued. She stopped in her tracks, causing Henry, who was holding her hand, to stop too. He looked at her, a mix of exasperation and annoyance in his eyes.