|9| Danger Games

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Thanks bae

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Thanks bae."
└──── •✧• ────┘

Valentina and Henry were arguing as they walked into the Hart house, Charlotte rolling her eyes tiredly behind them. The two didn't even notice Piper and her father staring at them with confused looks.

The couple had been arguing about what to do about their friend, who had picked up a random child on their way home from school.

"He needs to know that he can't do that." Valentina scolded.

"I'm not going too, okay?" Henry argued back.

"You have to tell him again!"

"How is this my responsibility?"

"He's your dumb friend!" Valentina groaned as she gestured to Jasper, who had walked in holding a child's hand.

"Jasper you can't steal a kid." Charlotte sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"His name is Barfield." Jasper corrected.

"Nobody's name in this whole galaxy is named Barfield." Henry argued, rolling his eyes.

Before anyone could argue anymore, the doorbell rung. Mr. Hart walked over, complaining that no one ever knocked anymore. Though his complaining immediately stopped when he opened the door to reveal two police officers.

Valentina's eyes widened when she saw them. "I didn't do it!" She blurted.

Henry quickly turned his head to the girl next to him. "Please tell me you didn't do anything illegal."

"I did not do anything illegal." Valentina repeated, almost robotically.

"That makes it sound like you did." Charlotte argued.

"We're not here for Val." One of the police officers interrupted. "Can we come in?"

"How do they know your name?" Mr. Hart asked Valentina, his brows furrowing in confusion.

Valentina didn't answer, simply waving him off and paying really close attention to what the officers had to say.

Jasper's eyes widened once the officers stepped closer to him. He turned to look at Charlotte, Valentina, and Henry with a betrayed expression. "You called the cops on me?"

"It was Charlotte." Henry immediately blurted, causing Valentina to hit him on the arm.

"Jasper found this kid in a bush." Valentina explained, sighing.