|30| Crocodiles and Raging Bitches

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Why are you such an attention seeker?"

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Why are you such an attention seeker?"

"Why are you such a raging bitch?"
└──── •✧• ────┘

It had been an uneventful month. Valentina no longer had bandages on her wrists, her wounds now scarred over. She hated it, every time she looked at them she was reminded of how helpless she felt, then and now.

Valentina's self-perception was clouded by feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt. The scars served as a painful reminder of her perceived failures and shortcomings, reinforcing her belief that she was a burden rather than a valuable member of team Captain Man and Kid Danger.

Henry had mixed feelings about her scars. On the one hand, he loved them. He saw her scars as marks of strength. They represented what she had survived and overcome. She was the bravest person he'd ever met.

On the other hand, every time he saw her scars, he was reminded of what she had gone through, and he hated that he had let her go through it. He hated the idea of her being in any kind of pain, and it made him feel guilty he wasn't there to save her sooner.

Which is why, even if Henry thought his girlfriend was the toughest girl out there, he still insisted he teach her how to fight.

The boy had been begging Valentina to let him teach her for a month now, and she had always rolled her eyes and refused. That is, until that morning. Henry dragged Valentina out of bed and all the way to the Man Cave.

"I can't believe you brought me here at eight in the morning." Valentina groaned, letting Henry pull her hand as the walked into the room. "Why are we here?"

"I'm teaching you how to fight." Henry answered, pulling a large mat to the center.

"You're joking." Valentina's deadpanned, crossing her arms.

Henry crossed his arms, matching the girl's bored look. "I'm dead serious." He grinned, pulling her onto the mat.

"Henry–" Valentina whined, but was interrupted by the blonde.

"Please? For me?" Henry begged, his eyes matching that of a puppy.

Valentina bit her lip, trying to resist Henry's pleading eyes. But even she couldn't deny the boy's charm. How was she supposed to say no when he looked at her like that?

"Fine." She huffed.

Henry's face broke into a grin. "That's my girl."