136 (Extra 6 Part 1)

DCBS: Chapter 136 Part 1
Extra Six: Secret

In the shaded field, the sound of a basketball hitting the ground was heard, occasionally mixed with conversation and laughter.

Residents of the community passing by stopped from time to time to watch the young people sweating on the court. A three pointer was thrown from a boy’s hand, spun around the circle for half a turn and fell into the basket. The young man staring nervously at the basket immediately cheered. “It went in!”

The man standing next to him took a few steps forward, picked up the ball and replied, “This shot was beautiful.”

This was Ji Tong’s three pointer shot entirely on his own.

There were also a few boys ranging in age from 11 to 17. They also applauded when they saw this.

At the lively sound, Ji Tong raised his hand to casually wipe the sweat on his forehead. He extended his hand toward Pei Qingyuan with a smile, “I want to throw it again.”

The basketball fell into his arms with just the right amount of force.

Every weekend when they had time, Ji Tong and Pei Qingyuan would come to the basketball court in the community to play. After many occasions, they became acquainted with these teenagers who also liked to play basketball and often played together.

Pei Qingyuan played in a national competition in high school. Even if he had less time to be exposed to it later, his skills were enough to crush ordinary people. It made this group of children worship him terribly.

Compared with ordinary boys, Ji Tong hadn’t been exposed to these sports for a long time and he wasn’t very talented. But he studied seriously and his teacher was quite responsible and patient. Now he was at an intermediate level and he could also play with this group of energetic children.

Every time, he played on the court until his clothes were completely wet with sweat. Then Pei Qingyuan would think that he had chosen a good neighborhood.

The year they graduated from college, they decided to own a house of their own. Ji Tong didn’t have too many requirements. He just said it was okay to be closer to the company so he didn’t have to get up too early to work.

At that time, the Two Trees company was already quite famous. Pei Qingyuan often appeared in various magazines and newspapers as a business upstart. Their colleagues and friends heard that they wanted to buy a house and immediately reported the names of a bunch of luxury houses. They were more excited than buying a house for themselves.

It seemed that they should buy a big house, villa, or mansion… the more expensive it was, the more they could show their identity.

However, Pei Qingyuan grew up in a wealthy mansion where the neighbors were far apart. In such a world, people’s time wasn’t wasted on worthless things. Close interactions with neighbors usually heralded some sort of exchange of resources and connections.

Meanwhile, Ji Tong was a person who could go downstairs to throw away garbage and be pulled by a neighbor’s grandmother to eat snacks at home.

So Pei Qingyuan finally bought a house in a mid-range community with a beautiful environment and a strong life atmosphere. It was similar to the community where they had rented for several years but was closer to the company.

Moreover, there were several terraced houses in the community that were larger than ordinary homes and had better privacy. They had their own garden backyards.

Ji Tong could go to the yard to tend to the flowers and plants in sunny weather, play the piano in the spacious living room and chat with neighbors about tomorrow’s weather while walking the short-legged little white dog at night.