122

DCBS: Chapter 122

Two hours ago, a large classroom next to the school of intelligence’s office.

“This year, the strength of C College is very good. It is said that there has been a big breakthrough in the walking system and the robots participating in each event might improve…”

All the students of the school of electronic information and artificial intelligence who were going to participate in this year’s RS Cup were sitting below the stage. Xiao Jianping was telling everyone about the new situation he recently learned. He and his colleague Sun Peiwei were the instructors in charge of this competition for their school.

Of course, it wasn’t only these two teachers. Many teachers of the school were present today.

Xiao Jianping finished giving the general introduction and the team leaders started to demonstrate the robots of each team. They could communicate with the classmates and teachers at any time during the process.

In order to avoid unnecessary competition in the school, the specific competitions that each group participated in were different, avoiding troubles such as the card playing robot from the school next door. It was convenient for everyone to learn and communicate with each other.

The focus of different competitions was different but the core was the intelligent algorithms used to implement various functions. There were commonalities, such as the need for a soccer robot kicking a soccer ball needed autonomous positioning at all times. This was also needed for rescue robots developed for disaster scenarios.

Due to the limited time and space, most robots tonight weren’t able to give a full demonstration consistent with the content of the competition. The captain could only introduce the latest progress and perform a partial demonstration of key functions.

The only exception was Pei Qingyuan’s all-rounder entertainment robot, Mark.

It now had basically a complete shape. The built-in algorithm was still being upgraded and improved but the bionic materials that made up its body were continuously being tested and optimized, but it could already play various games with humans. The most outstanding one was naturally its main function: mahjong.

This was everyone’s most anticipated demonstration tonight. In any case, playing mahjong only required a table.

Mark was placed on one of the chairs and was playing mahjong with his rather flexible manipulator.

At the same time, the teachers and students who actively participated in the competition determined the three lucky winners through rock paper scissors and they participated in this competition.

Once the three lucky human opponents sat down, Mark used the friendly personality by default. He stretched out his mechanical hand and at the same time, he used a voice very similar to Ouyang Yu. “Competition is second, friendship…”

Xiao Jianping won the game and was also among them. He shook hands with Mark before giving instructions with a smile. “Mark, please switch to hedgehog mode.”

In the next second, Mark’s manipulator was instantly released. The originally gentle tone immediately became strangely sarcastic and the sentences were seamlessly connected. “Just kidding. You didn’t believe it, did you?”

He even stretched out his other hand and dusted off the palm that had just shaken hands with Xiao Jianping. He said proudly, “The competition is second, Mark is first.”

Such a natural and smooth mode switching amazed the onlookers and caused bursts of joyous laughter from time to time.

Ouyang Yu, who was standing with his teammates to watch, laughed particularly loudly.