75

DCBS: Chapter 75

The light of the setting sun fell on the child and Xiao Mei’s voice echoed in the quiet room.

Pei Qingyuan always felt that he had seen this scene before.

Clouds floating outside the window, the clean light at dusk and the small back.

The dream that was about to be forgotten suddenly came to mind.

It was obviously a different room, a different color and even a different body shape, but he seemed to see the intersection of two worlds. The back of the unfamiliar teenager overlapped with the familiar child.

In fact, Pei Qingyuan didn’t know why he set these two fixed response methods for the jelly bean robot.

An impulse that sank into the depths of his subconscious prompted him to make this decision.

He guessed it was an inspiration he got from the fairytale dream.

If he dreamed of that unknown teenager next time, he must write down all the details of the dream as soon as he woke up instead of just retaining a vague impression.

Pei Qingyuan secretly made up his mind before remembering a question that had never been answered.

Why did he dream again and again about this back that he had never seen in reality?

He thought about it for a long time and finally felt that it might be him imagining Ji Tong, who was about to grow up.

He didn’t know what it was like to be an artificial intelligence but during the Spring Festival holiday with Ji Tong, Fang Hao and Fu Yinyin, it could be seen that they liked the excitement and celebrations that belonged to the human world very much.

The back side of liking excitement was a fear of loneliness.

Even though all the details had gradually been forgotten, Pei Qingyuan still remembered that there was the loneliest and palest room he had ever seen in his room. The transparent glass coldly isolated the outside world. The person in the dream was so close to this colorful and vivid reality, but also so far away.

Was this his brain’s imagination of what these AI systems would be like on a daily basis?

Pei Qingyuan couldn’t be sure.

However, he started to look forward to the next time he entered this dream.

Once the mission was completed and he collected the reward, he would meet the young Ji Tong who appeared in a brand new form.

Would the boy in his dream turn around and have the same face on that day?

As Pei Qingyuan’s thoughts gradually drifted away, Ji Tong looked back at him first.

His eyes were always bright, like the stars that shone at night. They were always filled with innocent joy.

But at this moment, Pei Qingyuan saw crystal clear water in his eyes that quietly soaked the twinkling stars in the dark brown eyes. The stars were flowing through the reflection of himself, who was close at hand.

Ji Tong rubbed his eyes casually and the watery light disappeared. It was as if he just had tears from yawning.

“I’m very happy. Thank you, host,” he said happily. “Previously, I was envious of Aunt Shi because Professor Xiao designed Xiao Ming for her. Now I have Xiao Mei made by the host himself.”

Ji Tong shook his head and sighed in a strange tone. “I turned out to be an artificial intelligence with an artificial intelligence assistant.”

Pei Qingyuan was amused by his tone. “Yes, you are Xiao Mei’s master.”