69

DCBS: Chapter 69

Under the shadow of braised fish, the last exam of the first semester of high school ended successfully.

They still had to wait for the grades and papers but the students who were finally relieved had the feeling that a vacation was right around the corner. They discussed how to spend this short and precious winter vacation.

“I must be locked up at home to study. Alas, I guess I can only rest during the two days of New Year’s Eve and the first day of the year. The rest of the time, I must be urged by my parents to study.”

“My mother said that as long as I can get into the top 1,000 in the joint examination, she will take me out for a trip and the whole family will go outside for the new year! The combination of work and rest is also very important. I hope the teacher will show mercy and give me more points.”

“That’s great. I want to go out and play too.”

The students were chatting with each other when someone noticed that Pei Qingyuan seemed distracted in his seat. This person asked, “What about the class monitor? Are you going out to play during the winter vacation? Or are you staying at home?”

Someone immediately said enviously, “I will definitely go out to play. The class monitor’s grades are completely stress free. No matter what, there is a recommendation for Jiangyuan College.”

The results of the recommendation exam were announced a few days ago and Pei Qingyuan was on the list. It could be said that he was already a prospective college student. He was the first student in the 2nd high school in recent years to be eligible to be recommended because he won the 1st prize in the Olympiad. It was said that he even got first in the recommendation exam.

Under normal circumstances, the 2nd High School would definitely hang a banner and publish a newspaper article to publish this happy event. However, the embarrassing thing was that Pei Qingyuan didn’t participate in the Olympiad when he was studying at their school. No matter which school he transferred to, they would’ve picked up him being recommended for free.

In addition, Pei Qingyuan planned to take the college entrance examination as usual and there was a possibility of him giving up the guaranteed quota. The school leaders considered his right to choose and didn’t do any publicity.

Of course, it was still necessary to announce the good news within the school. There was an incentive for students in every year.

There used to be no outstanding students in the 2nd High School. Everyone knew that this was an ordinary, second-rate high school that wasn’t too good or too bad. Now there was one, right next to everyone and not too far away. He didn’t seem to have three heads and six arms, nor was he a rare genius. He listened to lectures in class like everyone else and would chat with classmates normally. After class, he would go to the basketball team for training. So wasn’t it possible that the next such student would appear?

If possible, would it be you or me?

When hope appeared around the corner, the projected light could unknowingly illuminate everyone.

In this subtle change of the school atmosphere, the leaders and teachers of the 2nd High School were enjoying the spring breeze every day. The only thing they worried about was the problem of issuing Pei Qingyuan a few scholarships.

After all, outstanding qualities such as excellent grades, special contributions to the school and helping out others… he alone accounted for all these different reward items.

During the time when classmates came up to talk to him, Pei Qingyuan was listening to Ji Tong in his head excitedly reading to him a hundred ways to fish.