21

DCBS: Chapter 21

After the weekend filled with the aroma of bread ended, the atmosphere of the entire 2nd High School suddenly became tense.

The first monthly exam of the senior year of high school would be held this week.

Autumn at the end of September was becoming stronger. The students were trapped in small classrooms and they didn’t dare to stop as they continued studying. They occasionally looked out the window and complained with worried faces while resting.

“The teachers really know how to pick the time. How can we spend this holiday well when we have to wait for the grades in fear?”

“If my mother doesn’t see my report card then she definitely won’t agree to let me go out to play. I can only do questions at home. It is too ruthless!”

There was a seven day holiday in early October, so the teachers deliberately chose to set the exam before the holiday. They would wait until the holiday was over and students returned to school before giving the results. Their original intention was to hope that the senior high school students could realize their shortcomings after the exam and take the initiative to check and fill in the gaps during the holiday. If they failed the exam, they wouldn’t let this rare holiday go to waste and they could be scolded by their parents later.

Yet for most students whose grades weren’t top-notch. The monthly exam results hanging over their heads was simply too torturous. The thought of being unlucky after their holiday meant they suddenly felt that the holiday wasn’t good.

Among the students with different expressions in the third class, two people looked the calmest.

They were Pei Qingyuan, sitting in the last row, and Lin Zihai, sitting in the first row.

Lin Zihai had been studying at night in the dormitory every day and was very confident in the monthly exam. Needless to say, he must be first in the class. This time, he wanted to fight for the top five in the year and win glory for Teacher Zhou.

The third class wasn’t a top class. The best students were in the first class and the highest score that past students from the third class had achieved was 10th in the year.

Lin Zihai had huge dark circles under his eyes and quickly finished another set of papers. He sighed with relief and involuntarily glanced back.

Pei Qingyuan was looking down at his book and didn’t have the anxiety that permeated the class. It was as if he was reading a book in the library.

There was also a smiling classmate next to him who was talking to him.

This was the fourth one today. Lin Zihai hatefully recorded it down in his heart.

Wasn’t it just a croissant? Why act like this?

All of them were so childish!

…The croissant was a bit delicious but what did it have to do with Pei Qingyuan? He didn’t make it!

Pei Qingyuan worked part-time at the Xingyue Bakery, which had recently become popular in the 2nd High School. It was said that the pair of beautiful hands in the photos that customers imitated belonged to him.

Pei Qingyuan immediately became famous throughout the whole school. Unlike the previous ugly nicknames and rumors, the students only remembered good things.

The boys found that the school’s little tyrant, Fu Chengze, led a group of big and tall people from the basketball team. They were addicted to croissants every day. People immediately followed the trend, as if this would put them on par with the average height of the basketball team.