13

DCBS: Chapter 13

Passing through a low passageway, the smell of bread always remained in Pei Qingyuan’s nose as he returned home.

During the precious 40 minutes in the evening, Ji Tong spent almost half an hour with the basketball team. Another ten minutes was to go home with him.

Once the countdown reached two minutes, it wasn’t enough time for them to reach home. Therefore, Ji Tong simply ordered him to stop at the door of a bakery that was about to close.

The bakery at night was the most fragrant. The soft baking aroma wafted out. Ji Tong lay down against the glass window, looking longingly at the beautifully shaped pastries inside.

After eating a large bag of fried chicken, he couldn’t eat anything else. Now he just wanted to receive more of the aroma of bread, so that he could be wrapped in the sweet feeling of food after returning to the consciousness space.

Pei Qingyuan felt it was funny but still agreed. He stood quietly behind Ji Tong and waited.

The moon shone softly.

Two minutes later, the magic disappeared and the child in the creamy white shirt and blue uniform pants disappeared. The small school bag also disappeared, but the snacks enthusiastically contributed by the members of the basketball team were still present. Ji Tong couldn’t bring them back to the consciousness space.

Thus, Pei Qingyuan carried a school bag containing textbooks and another containing snacks on his shoulders. He also held several packets of potato chips and cookies in his arms as he walked into the house.

Luo Xiuyun was watching TV in the living room. She instantly saw the snacks in his arms and asked with surprise, “Why did you buy so much junk food?”

The little robot, walking on the soft grass while watching the stars, retorted angrily, “The breakfast she made is junk food!”

Pei Qingyuan obviously agreed with his words and said in a cold tone, “I bought it for breakfast.”

After being told these words, Luo Xiuyun remembered the white porridge, pickles and bean curd she made for breakfast every morning and finally felt that it was inappropriate.

“Oh, just tell your mother what you want to eat in the morning,” Luo Xiuyun said in an embarrassed manner, “What do you want to eat tomorrow morning? Is it okay to give you dumplings? There is cabbage stuffing in the fridge…”

Pei Qingyuan interrupted her. “No need.”

He no longer expected his mother to make breakfast.

The sudden vacancy in his life had gradually been filled with another special existence.

Luo Xiuyun failed to understand what he meant and raised her eyebrow in a dissatisfied manner. “How can you skip breakfast? Do you really want to eat all these junk foods? Don’t be stubborn. Just stop eating porridge from now on.”

Pei Qingyuan ignored her and walked into the room.

It was because in his mind, Ji Tong was holding a loudspeaker and shouting, “Tomorrow morning, we will eat baked cold noodles, add two eggs and two sausages!”

Before Luo Xiuyun could react, he saw Pei Qingyuan close the door. She couldn’t help touching her nose.

“This child—!”

She looked angry as she raised her hand and knocked heavily on the door. “I haven’t finished speaking to you. How can you enter the room? Come out. How can you have this attitude toward your mother?”