5

DCBS: Chapter 5

Fu Chengze wondered if there was something wrong with his hearing.

Why didn’t he understand what this child was saying?

“Who is your brother?”

He suddenly remembered the two brothers the girls had mentioned just now. He immediately looked up and saw Pei Qingyuan lining up to buy the savory crepes.

However, this teenager wearing the same school uniform as him just glanced at him coldly before looking away.

Fu Chengze was even more puzzled. “Your brother? I don’t even know him. Why would I beat him up?”

He was a school tyrant in the 2nd High School and his daily routine was to go to class, sleep and play basketball after class. After school, he would go to the Internet cafe to fight to the death on the computer with his sworn opponents from the 5th High School. He occasionally fought and didn’t pay attention to anyone in school except for the beauties.

It wasn’t long after the new semester started in September and Pei Qingyuan was transferred to another class according to the normal process. His outstanding appearance attracted the attention of some girls, but he wasn’t very famous at school. Fu Chengze hadn’t known about him. Then this weekend, he heard about the strange event of the leopard cat being exchanged for the prince from Pei Yan and he remembered the name Pei Qingyuan.

So even though he said he wanted to beat up Pei Qingyuan, he couldn’t know at all that it was Pei Qingyuan standing in front of him.

The little boy heard this and his cute smile was immediately filled with confusion. “If you don’t know him, why did you say that the fake’s family is bad?”

Fu Chengze froze a bit at this sharp question. He opened his mouth to speak, only to stop. His undeveloped brain had finally realized. “Your brother is Pei…”

Ji Tong didn’t wait for him to finish. He tiptoed and tugged at the hem of the school uniform, interrupting. “You are too tall and it is so tiring to look up. Can you crouch down and talk to me?”

Hearing the first half of the child’s sentence, a type of pride engraved in his DNA surged in Fu Chengze’s heart. He coughed and fake complained, “A height of 1.85 meters is so troublesome.”

Fu Chengze immediately crouched down obediently and stared into the little boy’s eyes.

He was interrupted by the child like this and it seemed that more than half the energy he used to vow that he would vent his anger for Pei Yan had disappeared.

He controlled his volume and calmly confirmed it. “Is your brother Pei Qingyuan?”

Ji Tong nodded and looked at him seriously. “Don’t call him a fake. He has done nothing wrong and he is innocent.”

His voice was very soft. He deliberately didn’t want Pei Qingyuan to hear it through the chattering crowd.

“He was very young when he was replaced, so young that he didn’t know anything. It is the fault of the adults. If my brother could choose by himself, he would want to be with his mother daily.”

Ji Tong’s tone was clear, without too many emotions. His big eyes stared at Fu Chengze brightly, as if he was just stating an ordinary thing. But for some reason, Fu Chengze was a bit sad after hearing it.

He recalled the harsh words he said a moment ago and felt a bit guilty.

Pei Yan hadn’t said anything bad about Pei Qingyuan. He only said that his adoptive mother secretly switched him and Pei Qingyuan in the hospital. He thought that after correcting the mistake, the two families would be able to live their own lives. Then at the welcome banquet held for him by the Pei family, he saw Pei Qingyuan suddenly appear at the banquet. He didn’t know if it was a coincidence or for some other reason.