68

DCBS: Chapter 68

Pei Qingyuan woke up and saw the white light of the skin shining through the gap in the curtain. The air was filled with an unusual coolness.

Seeing the time displayed on the phone screen, he realized he had been stuck in a long dream and rarely slept in.

Fortunately, today was the weekend and it didn’t matter if he woke up naturally. Ji Tong didn’t come to wake him up.

The house was very quiet. Pei Qingyuan opened the door after getting up and didn’t see the figures of Ji Tong and Fang Hao. There wasn’t even Hua Ran.

However, there was a note stuck on his door with some writing on it.

[Xiao Hao and I went downstairs to play. Host, remember to come down after waking up.]

Pei Qingyuan seemed to have noticed something. He went to the window to look out, only to find that it was snowing outside.

Snowflakes fell one after another. He looked through several windows one by one before finally finding a familiar figure when he looked out from the balcony.

By the flower bed downstairs in the community, Ji Tong and Fang Hao were creating snowballs and having a snowball fight. Fang Hao seemed to have one hand behind his back but due to such disparity in size and strength, there was no suspense about the outcome.

The short Ji Tong was smashed down by a big snowball. Hua Hua, who was watching the battle, immediately jumped up to help him slap the snow away. The white fur color of Hua Hua almost blended with the snow and the peacock skirt used to block the red heart on the butt was particularly eye-catching in the snow.

Pei Qingyuan stared blankly for a long time and a thought flashed in his heart.

Would it snow like this in his dreams in the future?

After waking up, the details of the dream gradually faded away. At least for now, he still remembered many fragments of what he dreamed about last night.

The smart assistant called Xiao Mei who could play videos and music, tell jokes and cause pink flowers to appear on the screen. She would use a mechanical voice to say that she was smart and would work hard.

This was obviously what Ji Tong had done and said. Even the shell of the smart assistant was Ji Tong’s favorite black color.

Perhaps it was the loneliness of the strange boy in his dream that reminded Pei Qingyuan of himself not long ago. Before Ji Tong appeared, his world was a colorful cage. Then it gradually became vivid and warm.

So subconsciously, he felt that an artificial intelligence like Ji Tong could help strangers emerge from loneliness, so he let Xiao Mei appear in his dream.

This wondrous dream should be a patchwork of real life experiences.

Then why did the voice of the unfamiliar teenager make him feel familiar?

It was a pity that the brain’s forgetting function for dreams started to take effect and he gradually couldn’t remember what the voice sounded like.

Pei Qingyuan was stunned for a while until he saw Ji Tong fall down again. Then he reacted and quickly walked to the bathroom to wash up.

By the side of the flower bed, the tall and handsome Fang Hao wore a handsome black coat and looked down at Ji Tong, who was panting in the snow. He hesitated and complained, “Why did you fall down again? Is it boring? Or should we change the way we play? You hit me with the snowballs and I’ll hide. I bet you can’t hit me at all.”

Ji Tong’s body was round from his clothes. He wore a light blue down jacket with a dark blue scarf. The mushroom embroidery and snow exposed on the edge of the scarf were one color while the same snow-white Hua Hua rubbed around him.