116

DCBS: Chapter 116

Once the last sound fell, there was silence in the audience. The audience was immersed and listened quietly.

The lights came back on and the performers got up to accept the curtain call.

There was roaring applause behind him. Pei Qingyuan didn’t care at all and just looked sideways at the person beside him. “Your state is good tonight.”

Ji Tong was still trapped in the rich and deep emotions of this music and didn’t return to his senses. He even forgot his initial tension and apprehension. It was only after hearing the host say this that he reacted consciously.

…After being brought into his emotions by the host, he completely forgot the standard posture that he memorized before and only pressed the keys one by one with his accustomed body memory.

The host must’ve noticed something strange or he wouldn’t have specifically said that he was in a good state tonight.

Ji Tong was alarmed in his heart.

He immediately wanted to observe the host’s expression, but didn’t dare to expose his reaction too obviously. Therefore, he had to use the built-in camera to secretly observe.

As a result, they had just walked backstage when other excited students came up to chat with them. Pei Qingyuan responded politely and looked no different.

Ji Tong took advantage of this time to immediately rack his brains and started to make up reasons.

Pei Siyou, who was invited by the two of them to watch the New Year’s Day party, also came over. Looking at his expression, he obviously liked the performance just now.

“It is pretty moving,” Pei Siyou said with a smile. “Xiao Ji really has talent.”

There was.

Ji Tong tried his best to use a seemingly casual tone as he spoke to the host in his heart, “I suddenly remembered that Uncle wanted to come and watch. Last time, I told him that I only learned a little bit and I can’t reveal my secrets, so I temporarily changed to a relatively stupid beginner mode. Isn’t it natural?”

It was a seamless excuse.

“Yes.” Pei Qingyuan’s tone was as usual. “It is natural.”

It was a very natural reason and it didn’t sound like there was anything wrong.

But tonight when Ji Tong imitated a beginner, he was no longer so stiff and there were emotions other than skill in the piano sound that was revealed inadvertently.

It was the same melody but he interpreted it with a silent, throbbing love. The other music intertwined with it was full of lonely, ardent hope.

This was clearly a romantic song, but the background was given a gentle loneliness so it had a more touching power.

Pei Qingyuan had experienced similar sadness and loneliness several times.

It was before that eternally pale dream descended.

He saw Ji Tong, who had been worrying that he wouldn’t look good in white, casually took off his suit jacket.

Pei Qingyuan suddenly asked, “Don’t you like white?”

Ji Tong replied casually, “It isn’t that I don’t like it. I just think white is too monotonous.”

Out of all the snow-white things, only mushrooms were cute.

He thought he had successfully fooled the host and started to let down his guard. “Uncle, has Xiao Yuan worn a white suit?”

Pei Siyou sensed his intentions and said with a smile, “Not when he was a child. I don’t know about when he grows up. I am also curious about what he will look like when he wears it.”