20

DCBS: Chapter 20

Ye Lanting was having a bad time these days and even her delicate makeup couldn’t hide her tiredness.

There were rumors that Pei Minghong had an illegitimate child outside. She was unwilling to see the faces who seemed to care but actually had prying eyes, so she temporarily reduced her dealings with this group of women.

However, Ye Lanting didn’t stay home all day. She often left early and returned late. She even neglected to discipline Pei Yan.

It was because she went to Pei Minghong’s apartment in private and also found a private investigator.

She didn’t fully believe Pei Minghong’s explanation. Ye Lanting was well aware of this man’s obsession and pursuit of money and his career in the past 20 years of their marriage, but in the future of the rumor about her son’s future status, even the most familiar person would become untrustworthy.

Ye Lanting asked the most professional private investigator to carefully investigate Pei Minghong’s whereabouts in recent years. However, the high fee only resulted in a long list of records of Pei Minghong flying around the world for meetings. There was no hidden woman or children.

Long, bright red nails pinched the tedious investigation note and eventually crumpled it into a ball in exasperation.

Pei Minghong was too obsessed with his career and such a flawless schedule looked like a disguise.

Ye Lanting didn’t give up. She asked the private investigator to start with investigating Pei Qingyuan, whom she hadn’t seen for a while.

In the rumor that Qin Yujie said he saw personally, the child followed Pei Qingyuan and affectionately called him brother.

This time, the investigation made progress.

The private investigator told her that there was indeed a three year old boy around Pei Qingyuan who would eat breakfast with him every day.

Ye Lanting heard this and excitedly asked what happened next. As a result, a complicated expression appeared on the private detective’s face and he shook his head in an embarrassed manner.

“Then he disappeared… I’m sorry, I couldn’t find out the identity information of this child or manage to extract any biological test materials that could be used for blood identification. He seemed to appear out of thin air and only appears next to the target object and some people he is close to. I didn’t dare contact him rashly, lest I startle him.”

Ye Lanting seemed to be listening to a fantasy story.

How could there be someone whose identity couldn’t be found out?

Pei Minghong actually hid this child so well and didn’t even hesitate to send people to Pei Qingyuan, who she would’ve completely forgotten about!

It was no wonder why he had no objection when she said she wanted to send Pei Qingyuan back to the Luo family. It turned out she had such a purpose.

An indescribable anger and hatred welled up in her heart.

When Pei Qingyuan was still by her side, Ye Lanting had mastered his life in every detail and she was sure he didn’t know such a child at that time.

When did her husband make an agreement with this false son?

Ye Lanting suddenly remembered how her husband had arranged a job for Pei Qingyuan’s uncle from the Luo family. At that time, he said it was to monitor Pei Qingyuan so he didn’t mess around. Now that she thought about it, was this really the case? Was it an exchange with Pei Qingyuan?