47

"Do you want this?" Haya asked, offering Raghav the orange juice she brought on their way to Samar's office.

"No, I'm good." He replied, replying to the work e-mails as Kabir drove the car.

"Never mind the question, you need this." She replied, pushing the straw in the pack of juice and holding it near his mouth.

He looked at her, shaking his head with a chuckle as he accepted the drink, taking a sip before returning to his emails, "Do you still feel dizzy?" She asked for the hundredth time since he woke up.

"No." He replied.

"How many fingers are these?" She asked, holding up three fingers.

"Six." He rolled his eyes.

Haya frowned, crossing her arms as she leaned back to her position looking out of the window. He looked at her before turning back to his laptop.

"I'm not talking to you." She said.

He looked at her in confusion, "I know you're worried, Haya, but I'm fine, really," Raghav reassured her gently, reaching out to squeeze her hand. "I appreciate your concern, though."

"Kabir, can you tell the other person in the car that I'm not talking to him?" Haya asked, leaning forward.

"Haya is not-"

"How long will it take to reach there?" Raghav interrupted.

"Five minutes," Kabir answered.

"Good. Both of you, keep quiet for the next five minutes, that would be really appreciated." He said, calling his assistant to make changes in his schedule.

Haya, who was looking out of the window uninterested suddenly had her ears perked up as the conversation she expected to end way before was still going on.

Her brows scrunched as she looked at Raghav before completely leaning on him, her ear touching the phone so she could hear what the other person was saying.

"Are you seriously fine, sir? I tried to call you..."

"Kabir, stop the car." She said, moving away from Raghav.

"What?"

"Stop the car." She repeated.

"We're almost there," Kabir replied.

"I'll deduct your salary!" She warned, "And I'll stop making your lunch too." She added when he didn't listen to her.

Without waiting for him to stop the car, she crossed the divider and shifted to the passenger seat, crossing her arms yet again.

"Haya-"

"Can you believe this man?" She asked Kabir while wearing the seatbelt furiously, "Are you seriously fine sir?" She mocked, "I can't talk but his assistant can."

"I don't like that girl. She tried to hit on me last time I accidentally bumped into her." Kabir scrunched up his nose, "She's like 27...pedo." He continued, shivering with disgust.

"Naina and her are almost the same age." Haya reminded him.

She could see his face getting flushed, "You know I actually don't go after committed women, right?" He asked, feeling embarrassed, "I just enjoy watching Adi get annoyed."

"He turns into a bully when he gets mad." Raghav let him know.

"Why are you talking?" Haya asked, "Chup chap kaam karo apna, aapse koi baat nahi kar raha and call Paridhi agar aapko itna hi bolne ka man kar raha hai to." She rolled her eyes.
(Stay quiet and do your work, no one's talking to you and if you're so eager to talk, call Paridhi.)