43

"Where the hell are you?" Haya groaned the moment Naina picked up the call.

She had been waiting for Naina to show up at the mall for the last ten minutes and was slowly running out of patience, neither was Naina answering her call making her more furious.

"Just two minutes, I'll be there, I'm so sorry." Naina replied, slight breathlessness in her voice.

"Are you running?" Haya frowned.

"What?"

"Are you running here?" She repeated her question.

"Oh no...wait yes, yes I was um..."

Hearing Aditya's voice in the background, Haya rolled her eyes. Of course, she was exercising, just not running, "Leave his annoying ass for a day Naina." She huffed.

"You're annoying," Aditya replied.

"Unlike you, I can spend some time without my boyfriend." Haya mocked.

"Unlike you, I love my girlfriend," Aditya replied. "That was very rude of you Adi and I do not appreciate it a bit." She heard Naina saying in hushed whispers. Haya chose not to respond and ended the call.

She looked around the crowded area where parents looked over their children enjoying the slides, the memories of her childhood brought a smile to her face. She would throw a tantrum whenever she didn't get what she wanted just like the little girl in front of her was doing, she lay on the ground, yelling her lungs out.

Her eyes then shifted to a young couple, when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Turning her head, her eyes met with Naina's, "Hi." Haya said.

Naina didn't reply, pushing Adi forward, Haya looked at him and turned away.

"Sorry," Adi mumbled.

"I can't hear you, what?" Haya frowned.

"Sorry," Adi repeated, louder this time as he shared a look with Naina.

"Hain-"

"Ek kaan pe chaped lagaun? Saaf sunai dega." Adi narrowed his eyes.
(Want me to slap your ear? You'll start hearing more clearly)

"Tumhe kya bola tha maine?" Naina looked at him, "Sorry ke alawa muh se kuch aur nikalna nahi chahiye."
(What did I tell you before coming here?) (No other word should come out of your mouth except Sorry)

"Ye nautanki kar rahi hai, meri kya galti hai isme." He defended himself.
(She's acting up, what's my fault in this?)

"Aise naino ki baaton me...koi kyun na-"

"Karwaun tujhe baatein?" Adi looked at Kabir, his hand to be more specific, daring him to touch Naina. (You wanna talk?)

"How much do you love me?" Kabir asked Haya, keeping a hand over her shoulder.

"Did I not ask you to disappear?" She asked.

"Arey yaar batao na, how much do you love me?" He asked again.

"I don't."

"There you go again, breaking my heart."