50

"It's my birthday."

She shook Raghav as soon as the clock struck 12, hugging him tightly as he pressed his lips to her cheek, "Happy Birthday, my love."

Adi hugged her from the other side, kissing the side of her forehead as he wished her, wrapping an arm around them both, "Ek saal aur buddhi ho gayi tu." He said to her, ruffling her hair.
(You got older by another year.)

"Happy birthday Haya." Naina walked out of the kitchen, placing the cake Raghav and Adi baked in the evening when Naina decided to treat Haya to a day at the spa.

"I love you guys," Haya said, holding Snowball in his place before he could ruin another cake of hers, she was still holding grudges for her cheesecakes, and her phone rang with her mother face-timing her.

She answered the call, the bright faces of her parents appearing on the small screen, "Happy birthday!!" They wished her in union.

"Happy birthday to me!" Haya exclaimed, feeling giddy inside. It was just her parents and Adi's last time with her, but this time she had two more people she loved to death with her.

"Did you cut a cake?" Her mother asked.

"I was about to," Haya replied, keeping the phone on the table, keeping it up using a bottle as a stand, "I wish you both were here." She pouted, "I miss you both."

"Hush, you spend all your birthdays with us, enjoy without us this time, let us oldies enjoy too." Her mother replied, Raghav lit up the candles in the cake while Naina held Snowball in her arms.

"You're old, I'm not old." She heard her father say, both her parents were on vacation to the mountains since it was rare for both her parents to get leaves at the same time and they did not want to miss a chance this time.

"Yes, papa is not old. You are!"

"Hey, don't call my Nisha old." Adi frowned, "You're forever young me for." He continued, looking at the phone screen.

Soon after cutting the cake, her parents ended the call, considering the time.

"Where is my gift?" Haya asked Adi.

"I am." He replied.

"What?"

"I'm in your life, is that not a gift? I gave my brother to you." He frowned, "That's the biggest gift I've given you."

"Yeah? Annoying too." Haya replied.

"C'mon, don't lie." Raghav interrupted their conversation, keeping a hand over her shoulder lazily.

Adi took out a box from his pocket, opening the lid to reveal a bracelet, the diamonds glinting in the dim lighting.

A gasp left Haya's mouth, "Adi, no." She tried to close the box, "No no no." She shook her head, "You're going to return this. I won't accept something so expensive."

"This is not expensive, I got a heavy discount, tere liye mai kyun faltu paise waste karunga." He huffed, "This is from me and Naina, badle me tu merko ek rolex gift kardio next year." He added.
(This is not expensive, I got a heavy discount, why would I waste so much money on you?) (This is from me and Naina, get me a rolex in return next year.)