11

They lay down on her bed, two straws in both their mouths as they sipped chocolate milk from the carton, looking at the ceiling as they talked.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how jealous are you?" Aditya asked, turning towards Haya.

"13." She replied.

"Hah, you'll meet someone too." He patted her head, "Can't guarantee if you'll be able to keep him for long though."

"I'm getting offended." She turned to him, "You should be the last person to say that, how many situationships have you been in? And how many relationships actually worked for you?" She asked.

"All of them were situationships, don't give them any other name, do you know how hard it is to match vibes with someone?" He asked, letting out a sigh, "Naina..."

"I'm tired." She covered her ears with the pillow, "Stop talking about Naina and what you guys did, it's pretty unfortunate that I'm still single and you have a girlfriend now, stop making me feel like I need someone too, I don't." She shook her head.

"She's not my girlfriend yet." He replied, before adding, "You're getting old, teri umar ki ladkiyon ki shadi karwa dete hain log." He joked.
(You're getting old, girls your age are usually married off by now.)

"Shut up. I'm saving all my money to be that rich lady in her 30s, I'll be the cool aunt to your kids." She flipped her hair, hitting him on the face with the hair.

"You're not cool and what makes you think I'll let you be around my kids?" He scowled.

"You're just jealous." She sat up.

"Even bhai has someone." He shook his head, sitting up too.

"What?" She turned to him in surprise.

"Why would you react like that?" He frowned, "Found a clip in his car. Gave me his Rolex to keep my mouth shut around Ma." He grinned, flashing his wristwatch in front of her.

"Oh." She whispered, a relieved sigh leaving her lips.

"Anyways, Gotta go now. I'm meeting Naina today." He said, getting off the bed as he walked over to the dressing table in the corner, "Do I look okay?" He asked, combing his hair.

"No, but you never look okay and Naina's practically in love with you, I don't think she'll mind." She replied, throwing herself back on the bed.

Picking up the face wipes, he wiped his face, using whatever cream he found on the dresser, he picked up a perfume.

"Chorni." He turned around, holding the perfume up in the air.
(Thief)

A gasp left her mouth as she lunged towards him, trying to snatch the perfume from his hand but he moved his hand above his head.

"I got this from Singapore. You chor!" He accused.

"You stole my expensive stationery!" She tried to take the perfume from his hands.

"Mat kar tu try, saare complan ke paise waste hue." He tsked.
(Stop trying. All that money on complan went to waste)

"Excuse me? That is something I have no control over." She replied, climbing up on the stool and snatching the expensive perfume from his hands, "Aur lamba hokar tune koi mahaan kaam nahi kar dia." She taunted.
(And you didn't accomplish something by being tall.)