27

"Which room is hers? What do you think?" Haya asked as they stood outside Naina's house.

Her house had a vintage feeling to it, covered around with a lawn, the two-storey building was huge, with large windows in every single room.

"I think the top corner, right one?" Adi replied.

"You don't know her room?" Haya asked, frowning as she looked at him disappointedly, "What the hell do you even know then?" She asked.

"What do you expect me to know? She makes me drop her like...three lanes before!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah Adi, not everyone can afford to have pregnant ladies come to your house and get away with it." She rolled her eyes.

"Eww, don't remind me, that was the most disgusting and traumatizing incident of my life." He replied, visibly shuddering.

"Okay, I'll call her one more time," Haya said, pulling out her phone as she called Naina's number but like every other time, it went unanswered. Picking up two pebbles from the floor, she handed one to Adi and kept one to herself.

"What?"

"We're going to knock on her window." Haya shrugged.

"Tu pagal hai? Toot woot gayi toh?" Adi asked.
(Are you crazy? What if it broke?)

"Tu repair karwa dio." She replied.
(Get it repaired then.)

"Haya..."

"Never mind." She shook her head, throwing the pebble towards her room but it didn't go where she expected it to, hitting the window below hers, "Oops?"

"You fucking idiot-"

"Shut up."

He threw the pebble in his hand, casually moving his fingers through his hair when it didn't hit the right window either.

"Nikkama." She rolled her eyes, looking for another stone or pebble.
(Useless.)

Both of them threw a few more stones, unsuccessful all the time, blaming it on the porosity of the stone, they picked up another, weighing it in their palms.

Both of them had their hands raised to throw the stone yet again when the window opened, revealing a very annoyed Naina as she tried to see who was there.

Her eyes widened as she looked at them, hurriedly closing the window as she disappeared.

"What the heck? Did you see her?" Haya turned to Adi, "Why was she so dolled up?" She frowned.

"Let's just hope she's going to a wedding." He replied, trying to stay calm.

"Yeah..." Haya trailed off, throwing away the pebble in her hand. "Let's go inside." She said, walking towards the entrance before Aditya pulled him back.

"Pagal hai kya? Naina will kill us." He scoffed.
(Are you mad? Naina will kill us.)

"What if...usko ladke wale dekhne aaye ho?" She asked.
(What if...someone came to see her for an alliance?)