34

He looked up from the book he was reading as he heard the footsteps approaching closer and stopping all for once. No word, just silence spread the room.

The silence didn't last for long, Snowball who got a little too excited to see people in the room after long, jumped off his bed, knocking over his squishy toy.

"What did you guys do?" Raghav finally asked, looking at Adi and Haya who stood like a statue, refusing to look into the mirror that was just adjacent to them.

"It was his idea," Haya answered.

"Wasn't," Adi murmured.

Adi's voluminous waves were nowhere to be seen as he sported a buzzcut while Haya had uneven bangs, both of them tried not to look at each other.

Walking over to them, Raghav combed her hair with his fingers, his brows furrowed in worry, "Goddamn, you look like the doll he had when he was five." He sighed, looking at her hair.

She immediately turned to Adi, "I told you not to do it! Kuch kaam nahi hota tujhse. Jaahil." She snarled, pushing him away from her before walking over to the bed, covering her eyes with her hands.
(I told you not to do it! You can't do anything, illiterate)

"Tune mere baal ka kya kia?" Adi asked with a frown.
(And what did you do with my hair?)

"Tune bola tha tereko wo naya wala hairstyle chahiye!" She replied, "I had a date tonight." She cried.
(You said that you wanted a new hairstyle!)

"Hairstyle chahiye tha, tune baal hi nahi chhode mere sar par." He huffed, walking towards the mirror as he looked at himself. (I wanted a hairstyle, you left no hair on my head!)

"Next time, just tell me you need a haircut, I'll pay." Raghav sighed, shaking his head.

"Excuse me? I'm a really good hairdresser, you cannot insult my skills like you just did, Mr Money." Haya stood up, crossing her arms.

"I'm not-"

"Yes, you are!" She interrupted before he could complete his sentence, her eyes falling on the book he was reading before they came, a gasp leaving her mouth, "Did you steal my book?"

"You left it there, I was just-"

"You're such a chor." (thief) She said, not letting him complete yet again as she picked up the book, hugging it to her chest.

Adi tried to grab his hair with his fingers but couldn't, turning to Haya in frustration, "Tu ek aankh khol kar soiyo aaj." He warned, picking up the bottle of hair oil as he poured almost half the bottle into his palm, massaging his scalp.
(You, sleep with one eye open tonight)

She looked at Raghav, biting her lip in concern, "Can you kick him out?" She whispered, shrugging off Snowball who was trying to pull the sock out of her foot.

"Naina said she saw a guy, he had gorgeous curls," Haya said, taking a seat on the bed again.

"Yeah? I saw bhai eyeing the girl from the third floor, she had gorgeous hair." Adi replied, "She also calls him Raghz." He added.

"Ew." She scrunched up her nose, "That sounds like rags."

"They're besties." Adi said, wiping his oily hands with some tissues, "She makes cupcakes for him-"

"Will you get out already?" Raghav asked.

"No no, tell her." He shook his head, "Do you know-"