42

Haya walked into the laundry room along with Ariha, her cheeks heated up in embarrassment seeing Snowball knocked over the laundry bag.

The detergent was lying on the floor as Snowball slept inside the washing machine.

"Pretend you didn't see that," Haya said, kicking the clothes in a corner and picking up Snowball from inside the machine.

She closed the door behind her, showing Ariha around her favourite places in the penthouse, Snowball woke up the moment Haya set him down on his bed.

Ariha was telling her about her wedding when Snowball came and rested in Haya's lap, taking her by surprise.

The cat who wouldn't leave a chance to scratch her willingly just came and laid on her lap casually. Her heart burst out with happiness as she caressed his fur, not wanting to scare him by squeezing him in her arms.

"Zaviyar told me you were his student." Ariha said, curious about the information, "Kaise teacher the wo? Was he strict? Aise jaise akdu ban kar ghumte the...hume toh lagta hai koi unse padhna nahi chahta hoga." She giggled, imagining Zaviyar as a strict teacher.
(What kind of teacher was he? Was he strict? The way he used to carry himself back then, I think no one would've wanted him to teach them.)

"Yeah," Haya nodded, "He was a good teacher and he wasn't strict, he was very cool with the students." Haya told her, "He even gave fake marks to the class because he was happy."

"Really?" Ariha asked in surprise, "Hume to har samay padhai kar lo kehte rehte the." She frowned, "Hum apne bacho ko inke paas bilkul nahi rehne denge, bigaad denge ye toh."
(He used to scold me to study all the time.) (I won't let my kids around him, he'll spoil them.)

"Um...don't you think that's kinda...impossible?" Haya asked.

"Agar unhone humare bachon ko bhi apni tarah gundo wale kaam sikha diye toh?" Ariha thought out loud, worry creasing her brows, "Oh my god, hume to tension hone lag rahi hai."
(What if he taught his goons lifestyle to my kids?) (Oh god, I'm feeling tensed now.)

"I think you're thinking too far, why don't you taste the cookies I baked today?" Haya said, getting up.

"You made cookies? I love homemade cookies!" Ariha nodded.

"I see why Zaviyar wouldn't look at any other woman who ever showed interest," Haya commented.

"Really?"

Haya nodded, "Yes. He accidentally drank a spiked drink and he wouldn't stop talking about you." She told her.

"Aap hume aise baatein na batayein, hume shy feel ho raha hai." Ariha covered her face with her hands.
(Don't tell me things like these, I feel shy.)

...

Raghav opened his laptop, showing the information Haya didn't have to him, "This is all we could get with the clues we had and then Haya just opened another chapter last night." Raghav sighed.

"Vihan's family wasn't connected to him long before the incident." Zaviyar said, "Involvement of his family seems close to impossible."

"Who's Vihan?"

"The one she told you about." Zaviyar answered, "Her friend wasn't the first one, he was keeping his ex-girlfriend hostage too, that guy wasn't mentally stable...she did him a favour anyway." He continued dismissively.

"Right." Raghav nodded, "I wish you told her that." He sighed, "She still thinks of herself as a criminal."

"I'll talk to her about that," Zaviyar frowned, "She told you about the notes?"