32

A groan left his mouth as she turned him, making herself comfortable in his lap as she wrapped her hand around his neck, their lips not breaking contact as his hand travelled inside her shirt.

Her skin felt as if she was lit on fire as his fingers ever so slightly grazed her skin, her fingers gripping his naked shoulder, his shirt dangling down his body, just one button away from getting rid of it completely.

"You're killing me." He whispered between the gaps, his hand travelling upwards while his mouth latched onto her neck, trailing soft kisses down to her collarbone.

The hand that was previously around his neck moved up to his hair, tugging on it as he moved his face up, crashing her lips with his again.

A groan left his mouth again, this time, with disappointment as the phone rang in the background for the second time.

Haya reached for her phone as Raghav kept his head on her chest, his hand still under her shirt now joined with the other one too.

"Hello, mummy." She cleared her throat, grabbing Raghav's hair as she tried to pull his head away from her but he refused to move.

"Kabse call kar rahi hoon, message hi kar deti, terko pata hai mujhe kitni tension hone lagti hai?" Her mother replied.
(I've been calling you for so long, you should've sent a text for the least, you know na I worried I get?)

"Sorry, I was...I was in the bathroom." She replied.

"Do you have someone in your life?" The question came.

Haya choked on air, "Mummy?! Hi? Hello? What?"

"It's really important. You don't have anyone, right? Kisi ki buddhi brasht hogi jo-"
(It's really important, you don't have anyone, right? Someone must be brainless to-)

"Mummy! You're hurting my ego." Haya interrupted, putting a hand over Raghav's mouth as he kissed over her heart.

"So back to my question, yes or no? I have this really good guy, bachelor, tall, good-looking and-"

"Papa ko bataun mai?" Haya interrupted again, all the excitement from earlier died down now.
(Should I tell this to Papa)

"Shut up. If you don't have anyone you like or anything, I'll set you up-"

"You have me!" Raghav mouthed, a frown etching his features, "I'm your boyfriend, tell her." He whispered.

"I...I have a boyfriend." She told her.

"Oh." Silence fell over as her mother didn't speak for a few seconds, "I knew it!"

"Of course." She murmured under her breath, waiting for her to continue.

"Is he handsome? Under 35? Does he earn enough to live comfortably? I hope he's not balding. What's his name? Is he-"

"Mummy yaar!"

"Who is he? Do I know him?" Her mother continued.

"I'll tell you later-"

"No. Don't you dare hang up." Her mother warned before she could end the call, "He better not be some drug dealer or-"