06

It had been a week since they last talked but the Accounting Manager was fired and given a place in the state's jail and another employee was promoted to take his place.

The whole drama was the news of the week in the office until Naina spilled her coffee on Aditya, turning all the attention to the new drama.

A knock on her office door brought her out of her thoughts as she closed the gossip group and let the person in. Paridhi, Raghav's assistant poked her head in.

"Here's your coffee." She kept the glass full of cold coffee on her table along with a cranberry muffin before leaving.

She picked up the wrapped muffin as soon as the door closed behind Paridhi, unwrapping it to take a bite before keeping it beside her coffee. She clicked a picture of both before leaning back on her chair.

She bit back a smile as she typed the email.

...

From: HayaSharma@gmail.com
To: RaghavAgnihotri@gmail.com

Did I just receive a complimentary muffin or was it Paridhi just being nice?
Whatever it was, thank you for the coffee...and the muffin boss.

...

From: RaghavAgnihotri@gmail.com
To: HayaSharma@gmail.com

You're welcome :/

...

From: HayaSharma@gmail.com
To: RaghavAgnihotri@gmail.com

Was that an attempt at a smiley face?
Try harder, it goes like this :)

...

From: RaghavAgnihotri@gmail.com
To: HayaSharma@gmail.com

Get back to work.

...

"You know what? You almost resemble a monkey but I don't wanna insult the monkeys-"

"Adi, what the fuck is with you and not knocking?" She jumped in her seat, locking the phone immediately.

"Who were you texting?" Aditya asked, walking further inside and proceeding to pick her phone up but she snatched it before he could.

"No one."

"Wanna get a burger after work?" He asked, taking a seat on the swiveling chair.

"Sure, Should I ask Naina to join?" She asked, picking up her coffee.

"Would you like that?" He asked hesitantly, "I don't want you to feel like I'm giving your time to her or anything-"

"No hush, if you'll keep thinking like that then you will probably stay single for the rest of your life, You like Naina, don't you?" She asked, taking the muffin out of his hands before he could take a bite.