16

"I'm going to tell him no." She bit her nails, throwing herself back on her bed. 

"No!" Naina exclaimed loudly from the other side. 

Not being able to decide what to wear to the date she agreed on without giving it much thought, Haya decided to call Naina, the only person she could talk to who wouldn't pester her for details. 

"Show me the dresses again," Naina said, making her bring the phone back up to her face. 

"I'm worried. What if I'm overdressing? What if I underdress? Urgh." She cried, getting up as she showed her the dresses she picked out. 

She had been on her toes all day, worrying about her date, "The black one, you can't go wrong with black." Naina advised. 

"Should I show you the dress on my body?" Haya asked, "Okay, give me a minute." She put the phone face down, quickly getting out of her pajamas and into the dress, "I think I've gained some weight." She said, trying to pull up the zip on the side.

She kept the phone on a table when she was done, stepping back so Naina could see properly. 

"What do you think?" She asked, giving her a 360° view, "Too booby?" She asked, putting her hands under her breasts, "You think it's okay for the first date?" 

"Too many questions Haya." Naina shook her head, "The dress looks good, it's perfectly fine for the first date." She said, giving her a thumbs up.

It was a square neck halter dress, the neckline a little deeper, allowing some cleavage. The dress reached below her knees, ending mid-calf, hugging her body all at the right places. All the early morning running she did felt paying off as she looked at herself in the mirror. 

"It doesn't look like I'm trying too hard, does it?" Haya asked, looking at herself in the mirror. 

"No, it doesn't. Whoever it is, he won't be able to take his eyes off of you." Naina replied quickly, "Lucky guy." 

"Indeed he is." She whispered to herself, picking up the hairbrush, "One last question, What are dates like?" She asked. 

"I…you haven't been on one before?" Naina asked. 

"One time, I was in college and there was this super hot guy, he played tennis and before you judge me, I was unaware of my surroundings, okay? He asked me out and like a fool I was, I agreed. Now…I dressed up and everything, and, wait for the best part…" 

"I'm listening." Naina hummed. 

"That little bitch ditched me before the date even started and had the audacity to kiss his girlfriend right in front of me. Turned out, he and his girlfriend had an argument and he wanted to make her feel jealous." She huffed, "Still holding that grudge from years ago." She sighed. 

"That's…sad." 

"Sums up my whole life in one word." 

"Okay Haya, gotta go now." Naina said, "Bye-bye." 

"Bye." She ended the call, sitting down on the stool as she opened her makeup bag. 

She still had twenty minutes to spare till the clock struck eight, her make-up was done, her dress was good until she realized her hair was still in the messy bun she made after air drying it.