12

Hurrying inside through the doors, she caught her reflection in the lift's closed doors.

She traded her usual office outfits with a kurti and jeans, her hair was wavy after being in the braid for the whole night, so she decided to let them down for the day or at least until she didn't feel hot enough to tie them.

"Hi." She heard Adi's voice before he flicked her ear from behind.

"You Kutta." Haya turned to face Aditya at the same time the lift's door decided to open, he pushed her inside.

What she didn't see was Raghav standing beside Aditya until he walked inside too, standing on her other side as Aditya occupied the other. It didn't take more than a few seconds for the elevator to get packed, and a string of greetings directed towards Raghav.

Haya and Aditya shared a look at favoritism.

"I brought you toffees from last night," Aditya whispered, taking out two toffees from his pocket that he picked up from the reception on his way.

She looked at him from the corner of her eye, taking the toffees from him as she leaned back.

Her spine straightened up on its own as she felt her fingers brushing with his, her head instantly snapped towards Raghav but he was looking forward as if his hand wasn't touching hers at the moment.

The light stubble on his face looked more appealing than the clean shaved look he often had. A hint of smile was present on his face or maybe she imagined it as the elevator stopped, people stepping out.

Even though there was more space, he didn't bother moving away, letting her skin make contact with his.

Aditya was telling her something about last night but she was too distracted in trying to calm down and not overthink the situation as she kept chanting over and over in her mind, 'It must be accidental.'

"Tu sun bhi rahi hai?" Aditya asked when she didn't reply.
(Are you even listening?)

"Haan or kya!" She turned to him. (Yes obviously)

"Kya bola maine, bata chal." He crossed his arms, looking at Haya in question.
(What did I say, tell me.)

"I...You said that..." She trailed off, the elevator opening once again, "I'll see you later!" She said, walking out of the elevator, leaving both of them behind. One looked at her in confusion while one tried not to smile.

"Ye Pagal hoti jaa rahi hai, I'm telling you," Adi said to his brother as he stepped out too.
(She's turning crazy, I'm telling you.)

Haya, on the other hand, closed her office door, fanning herself with her hands.

"Pagal aadmi." She huffed, slumping down on her chair. (Stupid man)

Shaking her thoughts away, she took out her laptop from her purse, kept it on the table, and organized the other things the way she liked them.

There was a knock on the door, followed by Aasma stepping into the office.

"Paridhi surely hates you." She laughed, keeping the cup of coffee on the desk along with a small paper bag.