01

Living life is chaotic.

Sometimes you have the best day of your life and most of the time, you are questioning your existence.

That was what Haya was going through at the moment. The broken coffee cup lay on the ground, coffee dripping down the table as the now-painted in coffee sheets only soaked up as much as they could.

The bell rang, making her sigh tiredly.

"The door is open aunty, Aap roz bell bajate ho, mai roz yahi bolti hoon, ab toh aadat daal lo!" She yelled.
(You ring the bell every day and I say this thing every day, get habitual to it by now!)

The door clicked open a second later, "I've been called alot of things but Aunty is definitely new." Aditya said, kicking his shoes off in a corner.

"Adi?"

She turned to look at him in surprise since she thought it to be the house help when the bell rang.

Aditya Agnihotri and Haya met seven years ago, their friendship was really unpredictable. Aditya was in his senior year when they met while Haya was just a fresher. It was like one of those friendships that just happen, from being a mere stranger, he became the person she could share her deepest secrets with.

"The one and only." He walked further inside.

"Wait a moment, I need to clean this up." She held up a hand to stop him before picking up the broken pieces of the cup.

While Haya went to throw the broken pieces, Adi took it upon himself to clean the table.

She came back to see a clean table, a smile immediately covering her lips as she said, "Thanks- wait-, Adi what the fuck bro?"

She snatched her now-stained top from his hand, looking at it for a second before hitting him with it.

"Bewakoof, Nikamme, jaahil insaan." She cursed under her breath, hitting his back with the top.
(Stupid, useless, illiterate person.)

"I was helping-"

"Helping? Aise help karte hain? Gadhe ki aulaa-'
(Helping? This is how you help? Son of a donkey-)

"Oyeee, parents pe nahi." Adi interrupted.
(Heyy, don't go on parents.)

"Gadhe ke...gadhe ke bhai!"
(Donkey...brother of a donkey!)

Throwing the top away, she slumped down on the sofa.

"What brings you here this early in the morning?" She asked.

"Got kicked out of my house." He sighed, taking a seat beside her, "This girl showed up at my house, claiming she's pregnant with my child, Ma didn't hear me for a second before disowning me." He continued, "Spoiler alert, I'm virgin."

"Aww, poor Adi."

"Now I'm going to wait until someone calls and asks about my whereabouts." He said, picking up the remote from the table before keeping his feet on the table comfortably.

"What if they don't?" She asked, biting back a laugh.

"Well, unlike you, I'm very lovable." He flicked her ear before turning the tv on.

"You wrote me a love letter in college!" She reminded him.

"Did not."

"Yes, you did."

"I did not, I just gave you the letter Bhai recieved once." He told her.

"Seriously? Your brother receives love letters? That too so poetic? You know what? I should've known, you were failing English lessons." She shook her head disappointedly.

"Excuse me? I was not. Shakespeare sharma jaaye mere essays padh kar." He sat straighter.
(Excuse me? I was not. Shakespeare will get shy if he read my essays.)

"Usko sharmana nahi, darr jaana kehte hain." She rolled her eyes.
(That's called getting scared, not shying away)

"Peasants like you won't understand high-class poetry, anyways, I was wondering if maybe..you can come to this party this weekend with me?" He asked.

"Party?"

"Bhai's turning 30, also, I kind of...got promoted?" Aditya said, scratching his head.

"Promoted?"

"You're talking to the COO of the company baby." He leaned back casually.

"Excuse me? That's so cool Adi! I'm so happy for you." She hugged him before pulling back, clapping lightly, "See? Hard work pays off!"

"Yeah, four years." He let out a breath.

"I'm so happy for you, I can't explain." Haya said, hugging him again.

"Yeah, I didn't know I would get this position honestly, It was a surprise to me. Bhai's not big on parties but it's kind of a three-in-one party, Papa is getting retired, I'm getting promoted and it's Bhai's birthday although he's still insisting on not celebrating with everyone." He told her.

"Hey, now that we're talking about it, I've never met your family." She said, her eyes widening at the realisation.

"Because someone didn't want to invade the personal space?" He raised a brow.

"It feels weird to go to someone's home."

"I feel attacked." He kept a hand over his heart.

"No idiot, I mean like...I have never talked to your parents but you share a good bond with my parents, see the difference? It's not weird for you but it is weird to me." She explained.

"Is this your way of saying no to the invitation? Let me tell you, no option says, 'no'." He replied.

"Are you sure you want me to join?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I want my bestfriend to be there with me on my big day?" He asked.

"This weekend?" She asked.

"Yup, Saturday."

"That's two days from now?"

"Yeah?"

"Adi that's not how invitations work! You're supposed to give time!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah but...I know you very well, you would've given hundreds of excuses if I gave you more time." He gave her a pointed look.

She buried her head in a cushion, "This is annoying." She said, her voice getting muffled.

"Wear Green." He said before getting up and walking into the kitchen.

She leaned back on the sofa, trying to remember if she had a green dress in her cupboard or not.

Parties haven't been something she was excited to attend, it was just getting dolled up for alot of drama and people-pleasing which she wasn't very good at. She would rather stay at home and watch her favourite movies with pizza in one hand and cold drink in another and if it was one of those days, then she would switch cold drink with a cup of cold coffee.

"Adi?" She called.

"Yes?"

"Stop stealing from my kitchen!" She yelled.

He immediately kept the chocolate he kept in his pocket back in the fridge and took a bottle of water out.

"I was just drinking water."

"Ofcourse you were." She got off the sofa, walking to her room, "Did you drive here?" She asked on her way.

"Yes."

"Drop me at my office?"

"Sure."

...

Hiiiii!
It's not even that long but I feel so excited to share something with you people! Hope you enjoy!!!