07

"Haya!"

Aditya called as soon as she stepped out of the lift, walking closer to her as he pulled her aside.

"You weren't answering my call." He said.

"Oh don't get me started, this woman was acting like she owns the company, you did not tell me about having a sister!" She accused.

"Uh..not my sister but I'll explain that later to you, more important thing here, I asked Naina out." He started to say.

"That's good, where is she going to meet us?" Haya asked.

"Bolne degi poora?" He asked.
(Will you let me complete it?)

"Haan to maine bola aise dramatic pause le kar bolne ko, bol na." She replied.
(Did I ask you to take dramatic pauses while talking?)

"I asked Naina out but I forgot to mention that it was going to be the three of us and not just me." He sighed, "She thinks it's a date."

"That's a good thing but!" She frowned.

"No, it's not! I didn't plan anything, I didn't bring my car, I want to make her feel special on our first date and it's definitely not going to be at a...burger joint!" He complained.

"Okay okay, calm down, take my car... she's a big pride and prejudice enthusiast, I know you probably have connections, and even if you don't, you earn more than enough to rent a film theatre, don't you? Make a few calls and there you have it." Haya suggested.

"That actually sounds...good." Adi replied, "But how will you get back home, Your apartment is too far from here."

"Don't worry about me, I'll book a cab," Haya replied, dropping her car keys in his hand.

"Actually, I kind of...." He trailed off.

"What did you do Adi?"

"Asked bhai to drop you home?" He asked more to himself than her, "Before you start, he owed me and I was going to ask you for your car because there's no way I'm taking you with me on my first date with her." He continued.

"Bitch weren't you just complaining about not planning anything two minutes ago?" She asked, infuriated.

"Yeah, I didn't plan anything but I knew you would help me out, so I decided to help you out too." He grinned.

"I'm not going anywhere with him! I don't even know him, tell him that Haya left." She said, turning around to walk out of the office building.

"He's waiting outside in the car!" He stopped her.

"Adi! How could you?" She controlled the urge to stomp on the floor in annoyance.

"He'll be nice, I made him promise me."

"No. Nope. This isn't happening, I will not go anywhere with him, he's my boss for God's sake!" She pulled her hair, walking back and forth to the same place.

"Haya, you're overreacting. Just think of him as your...driver? You'll go in a cab with a stranger but not with my brother? He won't try to engage in a conversation, I can bet on it. Plus you'll save at least 500 rupees." He tried to convince her.

"Nope. Still not happening, I'm leaving on my own, you can ask your brother to leave." She said firmly, walking away from there.

"Wish me luck at least!"