09

Freshening up, she came out of the bathroom, wiping her face with the paper towel she found in there.

A knock on the door startled her, making her look at Raghav in surprise, "Do you have a moisturizer?" She asked, trying not to stare for too long.

It looked like he just came out of the shower, his hair was messy as if he brushed them back with his fingers on his way to the guestroom.

"Follow me." He said, walking back to his room while she followed him. She watched the minimal decorations around the apartment on the way, his room was twice the size of hers, that was the first thing she noticed.

The walls were painted in monochromatic colors, complementing the furniture as she found not one colorful thing around.

"I don't know what you want, here's the dresser." He pointed, picking up the comb and stepping aside.

"Why do you have three types of moisturizers?" She asked, picking up one of the three choices.

"Ma bought these." He shrugged.

"Did the rain stop?" She asked once she was done, turning to him.

"Doesn't look like." He replied, sliding the door to the balcony open, the sound of the thundering clouds disturbing the strange yet peaceful silence in the room.

Her phone started ringing as he closed the door, walking back inside the room, taking it out, she read her mother's name.

"Don't talk, okay?" She said, walking out of the room. "Hello, mummy." She answered the call.

"Hello, ghar aa gayi tu? Wahan baarish ho rahi khub, maine suna." Her mother asked worriedly.
(Hello, did you reach home? I heard it's raining a lot there.)

"Ji. Just had dinner." Haya replied.

"Why are you lying?" Raghav whispered behind her.

"Why are you following me?" She whisper-yelled, pressing her hand over the Phone's speaker.

"Haya?"

"Haan mummy."

She walked away from there, walking around the apartment as she talked to her mother. It was a routine, her mother would call her at least twice a week, talking about their days.

She came back to the hall twenty minutes later, the aroma of cooking food pulling her to the kitchen.

He looked up at her, stirring the vegetables in the pan, "Do women get shorter as the night gets darker?" He asked in confusion.

"Don't you think you're a little too dumb, being a CEO and all?" She asked before adding, "I removed my heels."

"Why do you think I knew you were wearing heels?" He asked.

"Why is this even a topic of conversation?" She asked, taking a seat on the stool kept near the kitchen island.

"Can you get me some salt from the third cabinet on my right?" He asked.

"Sure." She nodded, following the directions all while trying to peak into the pans to see what he was cooking.

"Thank you." He said, taking the salt shaker from her hands, "How's your assistant?" He asked.

"Aasma? She's very energetic! Always on her toes, I like her, how long has she been working for you?" Haya asked, taking a seat back on the stool.

"A year I guess? Her position was the same as the person before you." He replied, "Take a seat at the dining table, I'll serve and join you in a second."