65

"Cerci..." A soft voice called out to me, I stopped where I stood ready for this fight to be over. Ready to be free. I knew that voice.

"Cerci. Drop the wand, darling" My father's voice, my father was here.

I didn't look away from where the Dark Lord was standing, afraid that if I did, if I showed weakness, hesitation, he would smite me where I stood. But Merlin, it almost killed me not to look.

"Bunny..." He cooed. My father spoke so softly that I felt that surge of myself try and take over. I wanted nothing more than to be held and told it was going to be okay. I was oh so tired and ready for this stupidity to be over.

"He's here, Princess." Mattheo spoke. He moved behind me, his warmth encompassed my back and I could catch my breath again.

"He's here, but don't look away." Mattheo's lips tickled the shell of my ear and I could feel my body heat. "You're going to have to do this, end your suffering, my suffering." He was whispering into my ear and it almost made me knees buckle under me.

His warm, tan hand wrapped around my pale extended arm and he clutched my fist, taking both my wand and my hand at the same time. His soft hair tickled my neck as he leaned down to my height and eyed his father from my shoulder.

"I believe in you, Princess." His tone was rich and deep and it hit that spot inside of me, deep in my stomach.

I closed my eyes. It was a ridiculous move but I had to recenter myself. The group of my friends stood unmoving and Theodore was still half hunched over. Mattheo had cast Sectum Sempra and just like I had wanted, Theo was in fact slowly bleeding all over the black marble flooring.

I inhaled slowly and blocked out the sound of both Draco and my father spell casting in an attempt to take down the Dark Lord for me. It was much easier to focus as Mattheo pressed his body to mine from behind.

"Breath in" Mattheo whispered in a sinister tone, "and out" he exhaled past my ear and I shivered. I had to fight my bodies want to arch into him, be close to him.

I felt that welcoming surge of power bubble in my lower chest and I smiled just a fraction at the answering of my power. I inhaled again and the level of it grew even more. It was call and response.

There was a second where I was caught between letting it over come me entirely and letting myself swallow this and do it 'the right way'. I opened my eyes and that black smoke was cascading over my shoulders only Mattheo and I were visible in the room, the smoke encased everyone. There was the occasional burst of coloured light that came from the fight on the other end of the room.

Could I sit back and allow someone else to take the Dark Lord's life, after everything he had done to me?

Surely if I had come all this way, borrowed this power and killed this many people to get where I am, I was already tainted enough.

Could I allow someone else to taint their soul instead?

Would there be a type of guilt or torment that would come from this?

My father stumbled backwards, his person coming into view for a second. His hair was askew, his eyes tired and coupled with dark bags under them. I noticed his huffing shoulders and the tears in his eyes, he was tired, tired and it was all my fault.

So, I let it swallow me whole.

Like with Nagini, I took a back seat to myself. I watched as my body stalked forward and as it did the smoke around her hardened. It moved around me like shards of glass and I watched as everyone around me flinched in pain. I summoned that unyielding wave of power and let it burst through me.

The smoke parted, I remained stalking towards the Dark Lord and everyone around me shot backwards out of the cloud. The thick, black cloud grew and became translucent. Like framed black glass that encased myself and the Dark Lord from the influence of others.

My power hummed in answer to the view in front of me. As I used that wave to push my loved ones out of the cloud, the sharpened smoke had sliced the Dark Lord in several places and that satisfying scarlet red dotted his face and exposed skin.

My father and Draco had done a number on him, that much was clear by the agitation in his face. Theodore was also in the cloud, like that inner part of me knew I wanted to make sure he hurt just like he hurt my friends, like he hurt Pansy.

"That's better." My body huffed, "Tom Marvolo Riddle, you have been running from me for a long time." I wrapped that smog cloud around his body exposing only his head. He trashed around but the mist became solid. Strong stone held the evil man where he was.

"You will never have me." He exclaimed, his head thrashing around. Like he was held in a tomb, he gasped for breath.

"I already do, now hold still Mr. Riddle." His face was pure, unadulterated anger as he realised just how fucked he really was. There was a part of me that wished I had done this myself, but only to say the few choice words I had.

My body lifted both arms, extending them in front of me and then a strange humming came from me, like I was purring. Then a hot washing sensation moved through me like a wave. That's what it was, a wave of power and it moved through me in rippling waves and crashed into the man in front of me.

It took me a few minuets to work out what was happening but as the green and silver light poured out of the Dark Lord's body and into my hands I realised I was taking his magic. This felt incredible.

His snakelike features were removed as I took his magic and then there was a man standing in that stone. Tom Riddle had very dark brown hair, like his son and he stood at a very human six foot tall. There was nothing special about the way he looked, he was handsome the same way anyone else was.

My arms were stained that black colour entirely, I knew it might've run almost completely up my shoulders as well.

"Tom Riddle" My body spoke for me. "Human at last, like your mother." I tilted my head to one side and the smile was vicious as it graced my features.

"You wretched thing!" He spat at me. His feature's twisted in disgust and I chuckled.

"I find it rather... Ironic that a pure blood will be the one to end you, don't you?" My body mocks and teases his again and then giggles, almost like a child.

My body reaches for Tom's head and grabs a fist full of his hair. I dig the dagger out of my pocket. I had stashed it on my person and carried it since the first trial when the maze had given to me.

"It's important you note, this is entirely. My. Choice." I grit my teeth and as I slide that knife through his throat and he bleeds down the front of himself, his once black robes becoming an even darker shade of black. I fade back into myself.