25

When it finally felt like the sorrow was easing and I could formulate a thought, I realised hands were wrapped around my body, trying to soothe me.

I choked back a sob and snapped my head behind me. The fear I felt initially, of being caught, subsided when Enzo's soft, brown eyes filed mine.

"You're okay" he whispered, his eyes so gentle almost like he is afraid of startling me again. His hand is moving up and down my arms as I try to settle my beating heart.

I was so relieved to not be alone as my heart broke into pieces. How could my parents of sold me off like meat?

How had the people I'd known my entire life looked me in the eye and not told me?

Who knew about this?

Mattheo obviously did, that's what he tried to tell me. He knew that breaking an unforgivable vow usually resulted in death and he had still tired to warn me. My own parents stood by and let this happen, hell, they'd encouraged it.

My body froze, Eno's hands stopped moving. Did he know?

I turned so slowly, eerily slow and my narrowed eyes locked on to his.

"Cerci?" He questioned, his brows furring. His soft, kind and reliable voice spoke my name and I felt the rage build in my chest.

Enzo was soft, kind and reliable... right?

"Did you know?" I asked, my voice breaking and revealing just how broken I really was.

"Know what Cerci? What did you see?" His eyes bounced from my left to his right and I watched his try to make sense of the words and anger and confusion in my gaze.

"Did you know about the trial?" I clenched my teeth and I knew very quickly that if I didn't calm down that wave of rage that was building inside of me, would spill and tear and shred everything in its path.

I had an incident when I was young. One of the other girls at the park had shoved me off the monkey bars at the park and the bark under neath cut into my skin.

I was wearing my favourite tights and they were ripped and stained. The rage I felt all at once as that girl pointed and laughed at me on the ground, tears in my eyes.

I screamed and I felt the instant void of air and sound around me, that girl shot into the air and slammed into the ground at free fall. I'd don't that to her, a surge of magic bursting through me.

That's when my mother was sure I was a pureblood, a Rose.

Enzo's brows creased a little harder, but he froze. His gaze snapping to the Pensive and then back to me.

"Cerci-" He tried to speak but I'd cut him off, using my hand to tell him to stop. I was tired of the lies, the deceit, I needed him to tell me the fucking truth.

"There was a vow, we all swore" He tried to explain. My gaze snapped to the wand that had rolled out of my usually tight grasp when I fell.

I inched my hand towards it, tyring not to alert him as he blubbered above me, gasping like a fish to try and explain.

My entire life I've been taught to sit still, smile, be kind, do as I'm told and what has that gotten me. My own mother had taken the only thing that was entirely mine in this fucked up version of high society we lived in.

My choice.

Well to that I say, Fuck you.

My fingers tighten around the wood and I don't have to use my words, I never usually do. I turn my gaze to Enzo. His face drops, his eyes rounding out.

"Cerci" I cut him off again, but this time, this time, I don't use my hand. I use my magic.

He is clawing at his mouth and throat as I get to my feet, my legs wabbling. I had wracked my very soul taking in this new information and now that I have let it sink in. I get it.

There was never a choice, if they wanted me to be sold off like meat, like I didn't have a fucking choice, then I'd take there's.

I fix the dress around my chest, where it slipped and I don't let me eyes leave Enzo's panicked face as I use my mind to snap the door open. The wood shrieking under the weight of my power against it. The metal crashing in the to hallway wall.

"I have questions I need answered," I look at him and the pleading in his eyes makes me scoff. I pleaded and begged these boys to tell me what they'd be hiding and nothing.

I walked down the hallway and left Enzo in my fathers study, his voice still buried in his throat. I descended the grand stair case and heard the mummers at the state of my makeup streaming down my face, my hair cascading down my back.

I cough hear Enzo's footfalls behind me, running to catch up but I was faster.

My mother turned to look at the commotion and her eyebrows almost entered her hairline.

"Child, honestly-" I cut her off, I stopped the hateful, deceitful words from spilling from her ugly mouth.

"Silence," I bellowed, "for once in my life mother," I spat, "be silent." My eyes glared at hers and I knew that if she could find a way out of my spell, I'd be fucked.

My father smirked next to her and I didn't expend the energy to acknowledge it.

My friends spill from the sunroom and I felt Enzo's hand land on my shoulder. I chuckled darkly and shook my head. Never letting go of my wand, I levitated Enzo from his place on the steps and shoved him backward on to the landing.

"Cerci!" Pansy moved forward, one step, two steps before she too levitated off the floor. I held her there, silencing her.

I could feel my power already waning but the fire burning in my heart, my body, was enough to fuel me.

"How long did you people plan to let me live in the shadow of this lie!" my voice held a deep, guttural power.

"Cerci, come on Love" Draco's voice cut through... everything. Cut through my anger, my spells releasing everyone I held.

I saw him for a second before I saw red. I screamed in frustration and it hurt, the way it tore form my throat actually hurt. His body spread as it rose, his limbs extending and pinning him against the wall.

Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned.

"How could you?" I started, his eyes softened and I couldn't stop the laugh. "How could you honestly think I'd not learn the truth?" His face hardened as he realised I was more than heartbroken.

"You don't" I waved a hand half heartedly and rolled my eyes.

"Wrong! try again!" I crossed my arms. All eyes on us.

"I never meant" I waved my hand again.

"Do you never grow tired of lying, D." I fake a yawn and look at him, a wicked smile on my face.

"What do you want me to say!" he snapped, his grey eyes swirling with anger.

"Tell me why" I slowly slid him down the wall, growing tired of the way he looked down on me.

"I've always wanted you, this way I knew you had no choice!" His teeth gnash and finally, finally, I see him for the desperate beast he is.

"Is that what you wanted Draco, for me to have no choice?" I don't let him answer, spinning where I stand and turning to see my mothers awestruck face.

"That's what you wanted isn't it?" I growled low in my throat.

"Please" She spat out, her hair had fallen out of its neat bun. "I do what needs to be done" Her tone final.

"You crave power, mother, and it has only ever made you weak" I snap, my eyes narrowing, I can feel the room moving in on me. I groan and that wave bursts out of me. I can hear bodies crashing against the walls.

I pant, exhaustion finally catching up on me. I need to go, leave. Somewhere safe.

I move to apparate, but as I pass say the words in my head, a hand wraps around my arm.

In a flash I'm gone from the room and I'm not alone.