10

"Matty..." I trail off as I tug on his arm. "I need help with Ancient Runes" I wrap myself around his right arm and reach up to his ear as I spoke.

"Princess." He looked down at me and smiled. "You're lucky you're cute" He poked the tip of my nose and pulled me along after him.

We took our usually seats in the common room and Mattheo opened his notes, sliding them over to me.

"Remind me why you don't have these again?" he tilted his head slightly to one side.

"I was... busy" I smile down at my books, enchanting my quill to write what I read.

"Busy doing...." He leans closer to me, trailing his soft finger over my nose and it catches on my bottom lip.

"Busy messing around with Enzo-" Mattheo's scoff cuts me off. "Don't get your panties in a twist," I shove him slightly and he laughs, "We were only making out."

He shakes his head and leans over to check on my work so far.

"No, no" he points to a part of my page, "Here you have to make sure you're including the flick of the bottom part." he looks up at me through those long, dark, lashes.

"Don't be jealous, Matty." I whisper into the space between us. "We've done more than just make out" I look down at his lips and he smirks.

"How could I forget the noises you made as I tugged down your panties in that closet and made you come on my hand over and over." His eyes were locked on my lips and watch as his tongue slips out and wets his bottom lip. I can't help myself, biting my own lip.

There's a faint groan and I notice Mattheo's eyes flutter closed quickly, he opens them, and his forehead meets mine.

"I want you, Princess." his eyes close as he speaks.

"You can't just have me Matty, you don't do relationships, remember..." my voice is so little and soft, I don't want to spoil the moment.

He groans again, sitting up straight, "You and that stupid rule." He laughs.

"You know I'm worth more than what you can promise me." I hold his cheek in my hand, a genuine smile on my face.

"I love you, Mattheo" I speak, even though my brain yells at me not to.

"I love you too, Cerci, I wish I could be better for you." His eyes are sad, but I know he means what he says.

"I'd never ask you to change, Matty" I turn back to the books in front of me and try to act like I can't see his studying me.

"Godrick, how'd I know I'd find you both here." Theo's voice cut through the tension that had been slowly curated.

He was a blessing at easing the tension.

"Maybe because unlike the rest of you, I actually care about my study." I gesture to the empty table. "And I'm the only one that seems to need the help." I laugh and Mattheo halfheartedly chuckled.

Theo sits down across from the two of us and notices the tension straight away.

"She say no again, Buddy?" Theo pokes a finger at Matty's arm.

"Theo," Mattheo smiles up at Theo, suddenly his eyes harden, "Fuck off."

Mattheo shoves his chair back violently, his demeanor changing. Theos words were obviously enough for him to lose his tact. Mattheo storms off into the dimly lit common room and Theo chuckles to himself happily.

"You're a dick." I say harshly with a sarcastic smile on my face, Theo never knew when to fucking stop.

"And you're a cock tease, pretty girl" He sits back in his chair, too comfortably.

"I don't tease you boys, you just can't keep it in your pants!" I huff and finish up what I'm writing, I need to find Mattheo.

"Are you delusional, that boy has had an absurdly large crush on you for years." He chuckles and his head lulls to one side, his piercing blue eyes staring into my soul.

I roll my eyes, "We both know how the other feels Theo, we aren't together because he can't promise me we'd be exclusive" I tuck my quail feather quill into its case and prepare to leave.

"Is that what he told you?" Theo knew something, I could see it in his eyes.

"Yes, it's the truth." I square my shoulders and huff as I gather my things.

"You're as naïve as I thought you were" Theo shook his head as he spoke under his breath, clearly happy with himself. He knew something, something I wasn't supposed to.

"The fuck are you on about Nott?" I grit my teeth, leaning down on my hands, staring into his eyes. Dark eyelashes and his pale skin freckled with moles, mesmerizing.

"You've been chosen, Cerci. We aren't allowed to have you." He spoke so, matter of fact. Like it was a rule of nature that couldn't be changed.

"What kind of shit are you spewing?" I stand tall again. I am beyond over this smug asshole.

"Cerci, have you never wondered why you haven't had a boyfriend... why we've never asked out a drop-dead gorgeous girl like yourself." His eyes bore into mine, why did this pretty boy have to be such a dick.

"Because you lot are too bust sampling every single flavour of the rainbow" I cross my arms over my chest.

Maybe there was some truth to what Theo was saying, I know that my name alone got me a lot of what I wanted. I struggled a lot as other girls had boyfriends and first kisses, thinking maybe there was something wrong about me.

Broken.

"Spill it Nott!" I demand, "Don't toy with me!" I hold onto my wand and the chair beside Theo bursts into splinters.

"Oho, someone's mad." He smirks up at me, unfazed by my weak attempt at a threat. "Just you wait till you find out, Pretty girl" He chuckles to himself I love the way anger looks on you. and with that he disapperates right in front of my eyes. I groan and stomp my foot.

"THEODORE" I growl out into the empty room, talk about a fucking cock tease.