18

The ball was only a week away and I was far more focused on passing this terms set of exams than what I was going to wear. My plan was to arrive home early and just pull something out of my wardrobe at home. Draco was mental if he thought I was going to wear something that coordinated with him.

Pansy on the other hand was all over it, talking about needing to get her hair and nails done before she went. She even mentioned something about her skin being too red and needing a facial, I will never understand her need to impress my parents.

"This is crazy, you are being crazy." I say as she throws another item over her shoulder.

Dont act like you dont get crazy like this. She doesnt even look at me as she talks.

Trust me Pans, I love shiny items and a fresh mani the same as any other girl, but for my parents? I roll my eyes and she scoffs.

"I need to know what colour to wear, just help" She snaps back over her shoulder, never taking her eyes off the deep ruby red shirt she was holding.

"You look good in anything." I say fighting the urge to roll my eyes in back of my head.

Pansy turns to me, and I watch her analyse me for a second before deciding I was being genuine and turning back around. I am being genuine. She is stunning and I do love her in red.

I stand from the bed and move behind her. I lock eyes with her in the mirror and run a hand under her chin and then down her sleek black bob.

"Red dress, matching red shade of lipstick and that dark black hair Pans, you'll be jaw dropping" I smile at her, and her nose crinkles as she accepts my compliment.

She tilts her head from side to side like looking at the ruby colour from a different angle would change the way it looked.

"My mother loves that colour." I say softly, trying to seem nonchalant. I know its a very weak attempt of convincing her to wear it but it works and she nods making her mind up.

"That's decided then" she says, and I huff, going back to my study notes that are spread out on my bed.

Tell me this is finally over. I plead.

Pansy is suddenly leaning over me, blocking the light just enough for me to notice and I look up.

"Yes?" I say, she smiles at me eagerly.

She scoffs, "Come on, you have to come to Gladrag's with me, we have to find a dress!" She takes my arm and pulls me slightly forwards from my seated position.

I groan but eventually give up, letting her drag me to the floo powder network. She is so excited, hoping in place and I laugh at her eagerness. I am so glad that Pansy loves these things, it makes me not wanting to be there appreciate it a little bit more.

Finally at the shop she is determined to find something red, the poor shop attendant is caught off guard as she clarifies for the tenth time that she wants something ruby red.

He has the colour she wants and the dress style that she likes but they don't seem to have that combination anywhere in the village.

"We can look somewhere else" I offer quietly. I don't want to receive her wrath, but she spins around, flames in her eyes and I get it anyway.

"Cerci, you give up so easily." She stomps back to the counter, and I can see the way the attendants eyes bleed of happiness.

"Yes?" He tries to ask as an attempt to regain his composure, but Pansy speaks right over him.

"I need this dress In this colour!" She speaks, thrusting the two items over the counter as she does.

"Sorry, but this is all-" He tries to reason but she scoffs and cuts him off again.

"I wont ask again, and I will pay impeccably to be given what I need." She tilts her head to the side, resting it on her hand as she does.

The fake innocence act that I'm sure she's pulled a million times in a place like this seems to have to opposite effect on this man.

"Miss, please-" Her gaze hardens, and she stands tall and solid as he tries again to reason with her.

He finally gives up and hangs his head slightly. Pansy has always been incredibly good at getting her way and it is fucking admirable.

"I can have it done and ready for you in-" He almost get the number six in but she is speaking over him again.

"I'll be in for the fitting in two days, finally adjustments will most likely need to be made." And then she turns, not even allowing the poor man to speak.

She walks out of the door, and I follow knowing that we are finished here, and she takes me back to the castle. The dorm door is cracked slightly and when we entre there is a deep aquamarine dress laid across the satin of my bed.

The bed is accompanied by a pair of black satin pumps, a silver diamond choker and a pair of tear drop diamond earrings.

I hear Pansy gasp and rush to the bed, "My god" the tone in her voice tells me that she is so happy this happened to me but also that Theodore is in a world of trouble.

"He is mental" I grit out. In any other world this would be a magical moment and I'd feel like a princess. But the dickhead thinks I'm taking him, and he didn't even have the decency to ask my properly.

I place a hand on my wand that is tucked into my thigh high school socks and cast Depulso. The dress and accompanying accessories shoot across the room and into the open cupboard.

The fucking cheek of that boy to assume he is taking me, then to break into my safe space and tell me what I must wear.

Why the fuck is it aqua anyway, that doesn't even make fucking sense. I never wear colours.

"God!" the cupboard doors slam shut, and I hear Pansy chuckle. I turn to look at her and I know she is trying not to say something.

"Spit it out" I demand, crossing my arms.

"You fucking love that he did that" She starts, and I roll my eyes, turning away from her.

"Don't even-" She speaks over me again as she moves closer to me.

"Don't try and talk your way out of this one, you love that he does that shit for you. You love that he wants to dress you up and parade you around just because you are you." her arms are around my shoulder, and I almost give in.

Almost.

"Yeah right." I break free of her hold and escape to the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I am so sick and tired of being something pretty and unthinking. My mother has always told me that a proper Rosier woman is seen but never heard and its her kind of backwards thinking that has driven me to be so controlling and driven in my pursuit to prove her wrong.

Draco is delusional if he thinks Ill do what he says with a smile and a curt nod.