14

There was yelling coming from the corridor that snapped us out of our staring match.

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I heard Pansy's voice over the chorus of boys yelling.

"Draco" I tried to get his attention. He turned to look at me, the mask back on his features. He always feels the need to hide himself, even around our closest friends.

I placed my hand back on his cheek and smiled at him, trying to ease the tension.

"Let's go have fun, D." His body was flush against mine in-between his legs.

"Okay." was all he said in a feather soft voice, like his response would ruin this moment. I had to listen pretty hard to get that answer.

I nodded and tried to unwrap myself from him, but his large hands grabbed my thighs holding me still.

He leaned down, his forehead on mine and he closed his eyes. He huffed once, trying to tame the beast that raged behind his eyes.

"You are-" he stopped, huffing again and kissed my lips softly.

The word that Draco didn't speak was mine, as much as Cerci likes to believe in her intuition she missed it. Her brain telling her that Draco was simply struggling with his words and feelings like he did usually.

You are mine was something that Draco didn't want to burden her with either, he knew the time for that would come, just like he knew that if he said those words to her, shed most likely turn and run.

They both enjoyed each other's closeness, the smell of one another and the way they both tasted.

"You are perfect C." Draco spoke into the centimeters in between us.

I could feel my face getting hot, almost like I was shying away. Something I'd never really done.

"Draco." he kissed me, I could tell he was fearful of the compliment that I'd give him. Like if I said something that he didn't believe it'd cut him deep.

"Let's join the party, love." With a gentle voice, he removed himself from me entirely and I suddenly felt so cold and empty.

How cliche to say that it felt like we were made for each other but that's what it was.

His hands wrapped around my soft skin, like they were built just for me. I couldn't help the pout on my face as he pulled back.

He watched me get up and fix myself up before opening the door. His arm on the frame, leaning into the opening.

He turned to look at me and smiled just enough, gesturing for me to follow him out the door.

I stand and as I move through the gap that he has left for me in-between the door and his body, his hand wraps around my side and he pulls me close.

Draco has always been taller than me, I'm not short by any means but everything about Draco screams dominance.

He used to rest his hand on my head when we'd walk through Diagon Alley, following along behind his parents.

I wrapped my hand around the cold doorknob of my dorm room in a weird way, it helped ground me. I turned it and heard the familiar click, and Draco kissed me on the top of my head and then pulled away completely.

Now it felt dirty, like the idea of hiding it from everyone in the room would ruin the way hed just made me feel special.

I sighed, my shoulders slumped but opened the door anyway, smiling weakly as my face comes into view to the others.

The mask

"There she is!" Lorenzo, strangely, is the first to greet me.

I have all the love in the world for that boy, so sweet and caring, a true Mummas boy. I give him a hug. He's always felt safe.

I hold him a little bit longer than a usual, hello hug and I know that he understands straight away.

Over his shoulder I also see Blaise, his eyes are all knowing. He spends the most time with Draco, so he knows how he can be.

He gives me a small nod, one that if I return, he knows I'm okay. I smile weakly and offer him the nod he was searching for, and I can see him relax. Ive known Blaise and his family my entire life, his cousin and I used to have regular sleepovers until we got too old and it was no longer cool.

I move away from Enzo and hold his hand as I lean over and grab a drink.

I down the first shot, then the second. I told myself I wouldn't get drunk, but I can't be in this room and have this conversation sober. Pansy pulls me over to her and sits me in her lap.

She moves my hair behind me ear and kisses my cheek.

"It's okay, Angel, I know" it's soft and exactly what I need to hear. I keep holding her hand tightly, my knuckles go white but the smile on my face never fades.

The music was blaring in the background and as the alcohol took hold of my thoughts it really helped distract me.

"Pansy, I wish we could just run away together and go hunt dragons or something" I half hiccup as I slur my words.

She laughs, holding my bicep "Girl, you and I both know we'd be useless as catching dragons." her laugh drowns out the music, always so loud and carefree our Pansy. How I wish I could be so unashamedly me.

I run a hand over her cheek, and I can't stop myself from looking into her eyes, I have so much love and admiration for her.

The way her lips part when she thinks no one is watching and the tip of her nose is always the tiniest bit pink.

"I love you." I say quickly, before my brain has time to catch up. She smiles at me and grabs my hand that's cupping her cheek, she leans into it.

"I love you too Cerci" Its so nice to hear and believe it, my parents always tell me they love me but I can never see the words reflected in their eyes. But I can in Pansy's eyes, I know she is telling me the truth.

"You're my girl, Pansy, you know that?" I tilt my head the tiniest bit to the side, and she chuckles softly, her hand wraps around my waist and she pulls me close. She touches the tips of our noses together and I can feel my breath catch in my throat.

"You're mine too bubba" Its friendly, that's how she means it, and then I'm suddenly back in the room. My chest tries to cave in on itself and I can't hear anything but the sound of my blood rushing to my ears.

I know it was wrong to hope that Pansy would help e escape this chasm in my chest, but fuck did I wish she would.

"Oh, I love this song." She changes the subject, her eyes glisten as she starts to sing along to the music with the boys.

Everyone in the room except me, who is spiraling mentally, is scream singing along to the song that's playing in the background.

Mattheo's arm is around Theo and they're both jumping in excitement as they sing, Blaise and Draco are sitting down on the bed laughing and singing along too. Enzo is holding his bottle to his mouth and singing while pointing to Pansy and she lets go of me.

Pansy shuffles me off her lap and the room does a 180 and I can hear them all laughing and singing along to the song. I smile and like a chant, tell myself 'I'm okay' over and over as I watch them all.

I don't know the words to this song. I can't sing along with them, and I dont think I could find my voice anyway.