28

The music was so calming and peaceful, the complete opposite of the current situation. But as Mattheo spun me around for the third time as we laughed, I wasn't so worried about what was going on outside this tent.

He pulled me close again and the song finished. We didn't stop swaying however, both of us holding each other close.

I've always felt this special connection to Matty, even when we were kids. At my 9th birthday party, mu mother held a tea party for me and my friends because 'only wild girls have bounce houses'.

It was all I wanted for my birthday.

Pansy and Astoria sat with me at the table but the boys all whinged and told me it was boring and too girly, except for Matty.

When Theo pointed his finger in my face and made fun of me, I started to tear up, my bottom lip quivering. I felt his shoulder next to mine as he sat and sipped out of his cup.

He knew I was upset and he didn't want me upset on my birthday.

My eyes twinkled as I looked up at him, his strong jaw line, soft curly brown hair, those eyes.

He noticed my staring and crinkled his nose, he was clearly uncomfortable.

"Why are you analysing me?" his brows creased in suspicion and I laughed.

"I'm just looking at your pretty face" I laughed, shoving his shoulder and pushing us apart.

His face hardened and he pulled me back to him, smiling down at me.

"Oh, you think I'm pretty" He spoke so low, his voice smooth and deep. It struck me in my lower stomach.

"The prettiest" I chuckled, I was trying to remain unbothered by the heat in his gaze but I was failing miserably.

"You're by far the prettiest thing I've ever seen" I kept waiting for him to laugh or smirk but his face was still. He was being serious.

The heat in his gaze was blazing, I was going to light on fire myself if he kept looking at me like that.

"Mattheo" I whined quietly, trying to bury my face in his chest.

He groaned and tilted his head back, his arms gripping my waist tightened, "you can't say my name like that, Princess." His head was still tilted back slightly but his eyes met mine and that dark, mischievous look glinted in his eyes.

I felt my stomach tighten at the look. My feet trying to move back slowly, but every step I gained space from him, he moved towards me. Stalked towards me, prowling.

"Matty" I held my hands in front of myself and he smiled wickedly, his teeth were so sinful behind his soft lips.

"Come on Princess, let me hold you" He purred. I had to swallow the lump in my throat but it was hard, it was almost like I didn't want to give up how me made me feel.

I glanced to the tent door so quickly, subtly, but Mattheo caught the movement and chuckled, "Don't run Princess, I'll chase you" His dark chuckle made the knot in my stomach worse.

I can't tell you why I felt like I had to run, but the urge to put distance between us was excruciating. I dashed quickly, my feet moving so fast. I was so close to the outside.

I could hear the leaves under my foot as it hit the dirt and then It felt like I was falling. Mattheo caught me full sprint from behind and spun us both around, holding me against his chest. I was giggling like a mad man, his face in my neck, assaulting it with soft kisses.

"Stop, please" my sides hurt from the laughter, he was chuckling behind me. The sound in my ear was heavenly.

He walked us over to the bed and dropped me. As I was in freefall I shrieked and then I hit the bed and the laughter took over again.

Mattheo was laughing slowly, deeply as he crawled over my legs on the bed and pinned my hands above my head.

"I told you not to run" He spoke out of breath a little, his eyes still glinting with laughter.

I just laughed and watched his handsome face, his pretty eyes and dark lashes looked so full and happy.

"You really are the prettiest girl I've ever seen" His eyes held laughter still, I knew he was being genuine but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Enough flattery, you already won" My eyes were closed and I could feel the heat of my cheeks from all the laughter and I struggled to catch my breath, my chest heaving.

I felt Mattheo shift over me and opened my eyes to see his close and his face inch closer to mine.

His lips touched mine and I braced for the heat, for the strong intensity of teeth crashing but he was so soft.

His lips were slowly and soft and gentle and I realised I wasn't kissing back.

I closed my eyes and kissed him, wholly. My hands tugged at his and he left my wrists so, I slide my face to the side sightly to deepen the kiss. My hands wrapping around his neck and pulling him closer.

I have made out with a lot of people, and no one is ever this gentle. Most guys are eager to skip kissing entirely but as Matty pulled back and ran a thumb over my bottom lip, I could feel my heart falter in my chest.

"Matty" I spoke without thinking, not really sure what I wanted to say. He smiled at me, his eyes never leaving my lips. He leaned down and kissed me again.