22

Being a good party host includes standing with my date, Draco, at the base of the grand staircase while we let people in the house.

Everyone's here and they file into the house like it is a practised tradition. Well, it is a practised tradition, people of the Order train they're wizard and witches young to block and counter spells.

Us legacies have been learning the perfect angle to hold your pinky or just how deep a curtsey should be instead.

"Berkshire's" The family butler, Morance, dips is head and in file the three of the Berkshire's. Enzo is always put in little boy ties and sure enough it is a deep sapphire blue, his smile is award winning and his eyes lazy.

His eyes are curiously just as red and Blaise's were when he came into the house. "Evening Mr and Mrs Berkshire, Enzo" I smirk at him.

I can feel Draco's arm lay on the small of my waist and I know better than to flinch or move out of his grasp, my parents right behind us.

"Riddle's" Morance bows again and steps back to allow eyes on the door. I only see Mattheo, his all black suit and undershirt suit the 'up-to-no-good' look he supports.

I notice the lack of anyone else and try my best not to relax. I know that Matty also hares his parents making appearances but I still would never out right say it to him.

Mattheo smiles and nods at me, not looking at Draco at all. "Mr. Riddle" I tease, my smile wide and I wink at him.

He looks down at his feet as he walks forward and shakes his head as he laughs.

"The cars have moved on" Morance speaks, it always sounds like he has something caught in his throat.

"Mr and Mrs Rose, with your permission, I'd like to invite Cerci to join us in the Sun room" Draco's hand never falls from my waist and my father locks eyes with me.

He knows I hate this show and talk for bullshit.

"Draco, how polite of you. I'm sure she'd love to" She is right here, is all I want to say.

But I know that fighting my mother on this sort of shit is counter intuitive. My father only nods, his eyes crinkling as he fights the laugh he is trying so hard to suppress.

As we move out of the eye line of my parents I take a very pointed and large step forward disconnecting myself from his touch. The part of my beck that Draco's hand has been on all night is weirdly cold.

"Cerci, a vision in green" I hear a voice that stops me in my tracks. Suddenly I am very fortunate that Draco hasn't left my side all night.

"Uncle Gibbon" I smile, tight lipped.

"I see that you have immaculate taste young Malfoy" He nods at Draco and suddenly I am not a person anymore. I would do anything for women to be respected the same way men are in my family.

"Uncle, we have someone waiting for us, I would implore you to find me again once I do not have people waiting on me." I smile and dip slightly, bowing out of the conversation like I always do.

"Yes, well received my dear" His slimy face curls into a smile and his greasy shoulder length hair is brushed behind his ear as he turns and leaves us alone.

"This way, quickly" I say under my breath. I cut through the kitchen, using the house elf entrance to ensure no one would be in here.

"Fucking exhausting" I mumble as I think about all the glorified hello's I am requested to make.

Draco is quiet, but that it Draco. I don't even register that I am aggressively mumbling to myself until I notice the way the kitchen elves are staring.

I push the tapestry to the side and take note of all the eyes on my as both Draco and I emerge.

"You" I shove an accusatory finger towards the two men in the corner. "You will share!" I can hear the sighs of relief that spread around the room and I chuckle.

I move forward and take the joint out of Enzo's mouth and he chuckles, exhaling into the space between us.

I take a deep breath and let it out, coughing slightly as I exhale, joints have always been harder on my throat.

"Thanks Enzo" I sigh and slide the joint back into his mouth, leaning back and moving to the only open chair that is left in the circle.

"This is exciting as always" Pansy groans, her red dress bunched up over her lap and her heels already discarded.

"I just need to be much higher" I groan and my head falls to my left limply. I know where the good shit always is.

I lock eyes with Mattheo and he chuckled, pulling a pre-rolled joint out of his breast pocket, I groan with relief and then extend a hand for the medication I so desperately need.

"Thank you baby" I take it and instantly lighting it devouring the smoke. I exhale into the air and then take another deep, deep breath, with half of the leaf in my lungs I offer it back.

Mattheo takes it and smiles, "Anytime, Princess." I love it when he calls me that.

I lean back in the tow seater couch and fade entirely. I don't want to listen or feel or stand. But the high peaks and then fades very quickly.

I only smoked half because now that everyone in this room has indulged and far more than I have myself, I have a pensive I need to get to.