17

I huff, my shoulders rolling forward slightly, the great hall in the early morning is always so cold and empty. I dragged Pansy out of bed with me, I couldn't sleep after the Mattheo incident. I've decided that's what I'm going to call it.

"Boys are insane, don't think about it too much" Pansy rolls her eyes, sipping her orange juice.

"How can I not, he was doubled over in pain, I mean fuck, an Unspeakable Vow, that's insane" I hold my head in my hands, this it to much for me to process and it doesn't help that I can't ask any questions, or his head might explode.

"Cerci," She leans forward her hand landing on my shoulder, I look up at her, "It's okay, you know what his father is like, it could mean anything." Pansy bites into her apple. As much as she drives me crazy, she is very good at helping me off the ledge.

I nod in response and the doors burst open, the Quidditch team pouring in. That means all of the boys have filled into the room. There is a silent conversation between Pansy and I, we consider casting an illusion charm over ourselves so they don't sit here, but they spot us.

"How'd you do it Pans?" Theo asks, sitting next to her, his forehead still sweaty.

Pansy cringes and moves away form him dramatically, "She got up early, because she loves me" Was all she said before going back to enjoying her breakfast.

"That's not true is it, pretty girl?" Theo asked, his head tilted to the side slightly. A wicked glint in his eye and his straight, white teeth, peaking from behind his pink lips.

I can't help but smile in response, he is so fucking charming.

"I didn't sleep Theo" I say, my lips tightening as I notice Matty move around slightly in his seat at my words.

"I can help with that" He smirks, wiggling his eye brows.

I chuckle and shake my head at him, always the fucking flirt. I feel a thigh gaze against mine and I don't have to look to know who it is.

Draco.

His rich smell of sandalwood and Fresh apples, mixed with his sweat is mouth watering. He had always smelt good, expensive almost. I suppose that's because he is.

I don't acknowledge him but his hand finds its way to my upper thigh and I do my best not to flinch. The skin on skin contact along with his smell invading my senses makes me a little bit crazy.

I swallow roughly and I hear Pansy snort, I glare up at her, daring her to say something. She quickly averts eye contact and I can hear my heat beat in my head as I make sure no one else watched me.

I couldn't help myself, Draco moved forwards slightly to take some toast from the pile and leant on my thigh as he did, his fingers digging into my flesh. I froze, my lip was taken between my teeth and I closed my eyes quickly.

That is way Pansy snorted and tried to give me away to the table, not to mention the man himself.

The familiar sound of fluttering wings broke my focus on the man beside me and I looked up in time to watch the owls flutter through the open windows and drop letters on the tables.

The Rose family owl landed on the table next to me, a light chirp left its throat as I took the letter from its hand. She has been trained to always take a letter back in return but sometimes she accepts food as payment. I smile as I hand her a bit of bacon that she takes in her beak, she squarks softly and takes off from the table.

I don't even have to open the letter to know what it is, granted, I'd forgotten that it was steadily approaching the middle of the year. My family crest is stamped in black wax on the back of the eggshell white envelope.

I grunt and roll my eyes before begrudgingly opening the letter with little care, ripping the envelope in half.

Mrs. Rose,

you are cordially invited to attend the Summer Ball. We do hope to see you and a plus one of your choice at 6pm sharp.

Regards,

Mr & Mrs. Rose.

God, they couldn't even send their daughter a personalised note, I just got an invite sent like everyone else did.

I notice through the page black ink and turn the paper over, on the back the house elf Jolly has written to me. I do miss her.

Misses,

Do not tell them that I write this but I wants to tell you that your parents are hoping to pair you off ats the ball. They speak of a young man that has his eyes on you. Is that not good news!

Jolly

I chuckle, she means well but sometimes she gets her wires a little bit crossed. I know I am to bring a plus one, and that is Rose code for 'potential suitor'.

I was planning on asking Mattheo, but after the Unspeakable Vow incident he texted me and told me that it would be best if we took some time apart. He said something about the Vow walls needing to be rebuilt so it doesn't hurt him.

I also know that everyone at this table will be invited along with their parents so I could go by myself.

The invite is snatched from my hands and Pansy shrieks, "This is fucking amazing!" her tone carries through the hall, bouncing off the walls.

I roll my eyes at her excitement, because Pansy doesn't live with them, she is deluded into thinking the lifestyle that my parents lead is glamours and mysterious.

I think its fucking pretentious and sneaky.

"Theo will take me, of course" She grabs his arm, and he chuckles, rolling his eyes, but gives up and nods at her.

"And Enzo will take... whatever her name is. Mattheo is a Riddle, no offence, so that leaves..." She trails off.

I squint at her slightly, almost urging her to go on. Her face lights up, a glint in her eye and she says finally, "Draco or Blaise" He head tips to the side innocently and I glare daggers at her.

"I'm sure our parents would be delighted to see us together." Draco's deep voice fills the silence.

"What makes you think Ill pick you." I turn to look at him.

He smiles and I almost fall off my chair, he is so beautiful, "Funny." His face is void of emotion and his eyes narrow once in warning. I can feel the butterflies in my lower stomach, the tightening.

"You think I'd let you go with anyone else?" He smirks at me, his teeth clean and sharp behind his lips. The dark silver in his eyes swirl and I have to remind myself to breath.

He is going to be breathtaking in a suit

Wait, the fuck did he say to me.

BY the time I have snapped myself out of it, he is already turned away from me, talking to Marcus sitting down from our group slightly.

Fucking Draco.