64

The room filled with a strange smoke. The black fog clawed through the room as it engulfed everything it touched. The Dark Lord wasn't fazed but it did stop Theodore in his tracks, his wand halted mid air.

It was a clearly painted picture. Theodore was never really on my side, he was keeping the Dark Lord informed and in turn, he was most likely going to be able to eliminate both Draco and Mattheo. Both of which were dangling in the air there mouths moving but no sound coming out.

That unknown energy that I usually felt bubble and spill over into a crashing waves of force was now trained and ready to be used at my will, thanks to the strange being in my soul.

I had killed two other Death Eaters on my way into the room, ironically, Mr. Nott had been one of them. The black on my hands had spread to half way down my palms. I was never a stupid girl, I knew that there was on obvious cost to using this magic. Magic that was gifted with a condition.

"You-" Theodore spun to face me, his eyes wide.

"Me." I responded and the smirk on my face grew wide at his clearly surprised expression.

I never stopped advancing, the black smoke that followed me, snuffing out life as it passed through it nipped at my heels. Like an attack dog that itched to be released.

Theo raised a wand to me and I held his stare, my eyes unnerved. I had never felt so sure of myself before. So sure that I would not only skin this boy but most likely bath in the blood that I would spill.

"You boy's have tormented me for long enough." I spoke, quiet and solid. I rolled my eyes and flicked my hand to the right and Theodore's body followed, smacking into the wall. His wand rolled down the small stairs clacking against the black tile.

I waved a hand and the charms that were placed over the group that helped me were released, all at once. They gasped for air as they all slumped to the ground.

"Cerci?" Mattheo's voice was rough.

"Not right now" I responded. There was a slight edge to my voice and the smile on the face must've given enough away that he backed off.

I moved towards the Dark Lord and was caught off guard by his smile.

"Ah, Mrs. Rose, always full of surprises" His sharp teeth glinted in the light and those slitted eyes glinted in almost excitement.

"And you continue to disappoint, Tom Riddle." His eyes flared in anger and I smiled, barring my teeth. "Seems I struck a nerve" I pouted, and raised both hands, palms facing up.

The black smoke billowed around from behind me, coating his body in it. He didn't shriek like the other's had, but he did shift slightly in discomfort.

"Oh, now I see, mother death has blessed you" He was watching the smoke as it rose and rose, higher and higher as it tried to swallow him whole.

"I have been meaning to meet with her about this." He tilted his head to the side and the smoke dissipated, like it had been sucked from the room. I gritted my teeth in annoyance but didn't let the anger I felt change.

"You are much to young for a fight this old." He spoke, almost bored and raised his wand. His laugh was so contrasting to his stone cold face and yet, it still failed to unnerve me. Not like it used to.

"Godrick and you think Pansy talks to much." I threw a look over my shoulder as I referenced Theodore's words from earlier.

I had been listening outside in the corridor. I needed time to allow the anger to swirl and flourish inside me again but, with my friends at the mercy of the Dark Lord I had waited. Waited for the perfect time to strike, when he was stretched thin.

Theodore grunted in response, now trying to stand but a light had shot from the other side of the room and knocked him back down. Mattheo was huffing as his wand fizzled and he lowered his arm. He had shown me that he knew this fight was mine to have and that he had my back, so I smiled back at him.

"You continue to pick rather disappointing puppets." Again, I mock and I watch the anger build in his eyes.

"How does it feel Tom, to be vulnerable once again to something as simple at the killing curse. I will say," I stepped forward as I picked at my nails, "That one is not my favourite of the three. I prefer to watch the poor slug on the other end of my curses writhe." I cracked a smile, teeth exposed and cast the Cruciatus curse on poor old Nott.

His deep scream filled the space around us and I saw most of my friends flinch at the sound. The green light rippled from my wands tip and crackled with explosive sound before meeting its mark, I stopped casting.

"I do enjoy the way the screaming tends to harmonize with the sound the curse makes." I raised my wand to the Dark Lord once more, my eyes a solid and wicked shade of red. This magic, Deaths magic, was not only costing me, but my soul. I was changing, into something as wicked as the man I was tasked to kill.

"My, My, you seem to be the right choice once more. I do fear, however, that if you were to be my right hand, it would not satiate your thirst." His voice was clipped and, as always, well spoken. His mouth wider than that snake I had killed.

"You have had your time here, you are set to return to the underworld, Riddle." I lifted my chin and steeled my expression, my wand raised towards his face.