47

I slowly took in Theodore's words as I slid back to my seated position against the wall. What could that mean?

"Hunt what?" Blaise's voice came out slightly chocked up. Surely he wasn't too worried about hunting, he'd killed animals before. I saw the way he lost himself in thought.

Mattheo was unmoving, he stood and stared at nothing. As I watched him fro hints of how he was feeling, I remembered the strange dream state I'd entered.

I was thinking about Draco exclusively, to the point that when I tried to think about my father my brain had changed course. I had also seen memories that very clearly weren't mine. Draco was manipulating my mind in it's weakened state as I began to fall asleep. I had to figure out how to keep people from entering my brain.

I remember reading Living With Legilimens: Choose Your Minds Wisely vividly. Legilimency truly fascinated me and I did extensive reading about it before being whisked away by the Dark Lord. It is said that it is hard to block experienced witches or wizards from reading your own mind. Draco seemes to be good enough to not need a wand. Not that I'm really that surprised, everything Draco applied himself to he excelled in, he was a wickledly talented wizard.

"Matty" I called to him. He flinched slightly but turned to me when I grabbed at his hand. He turned to look at me and smiled softly. I tugged him towards me and he sat in front of me. "Do you know much about Legilimency?" I tilted my head slihghtly to one side, trying to seem innocent.

I noticed the way his eye twitched, like he knew I was up to something, but he nodded slowly. "Why?"

I smiled just a little as I said, "I want to learn how to block it out..." I was prepared to fight for this. I needed to be able to keep Draco out of my head.

Mattheo's curls bounced around his head as he shook it, clearly not sure if he should be the only to teach me, I'm sure there was a part of him that wasn't sure he could. I watched as his eyes slowly slid over my frame as that signature Mattheo smirk pulled at his lips.

"I don't know-" I cut him off, tugging at his shirt.

"Please, Matty" I pouted, jutting out my bottom lip. I simply wanted to get my way and I had a feeling it would work.

He huffed out a breath and groaned, tilting his head back. He stayed like that for a while and the bastard even made me doubt if I really did have him wrapped around my finger. His head tilted back down to look at me and he raised his hand, his thumb brushed over my cheek right under my eye.

"You know I can't say no to you, Princess." He was right. I did know that.

I smiled widely and tilted my head down just enough that I held a soft and innocent look in my eyes. "Thank you, Mattheo." My voice was quiet and although it was hard for me, I did my best to soften my voice.

I saw something change in his expression but I couldn't quiet tell what it was. He cleared hit throat as we finally broke eye contact, "It's hard top do but simple to explain." Mattheo started.

"Close your eyes," I did as I was told and listened to the sound of his voice.

"Now try and picture a memory you don't want me to see." I nodded as the image started to swirl.

It was the first time I had realised how attractive I found Mattheo, nothing too damning, but mortally embarrassing...

We all used to hang out by the Black Lake in the hottest month of summer. This particular summer, in year 5 I'd finally worked up the courage to wear my bathers. I was never a huge fan of swimming in the water with the giant squid, but I enjoyed how the sun would warm my pale skin.

I laid on a towel with my sunglasses on and my earphones in. My eyes were closed but I could tell someone was standing above me when they blocked my sun. I opened my eyes and Mattheo's face was smiling down at me. I smiled back.

They way the sun lit him from behind as I looked up at him, water droplets moving lower and lower down his tanned and toned chest was breath taking. His hair was damn and it defined his dark, brown curls even more than they normally were. That mischievous Riddle smirk made me weak in the knees.

I could feel an irritating itch almost, in the back of my head as I struggled to remember the memory. Almost like my subconscious was trying to change the channel.

"You're coming?" He asked, jutting a thumb over his shoulder, pointing to the water he'd clearly just come from.

"I'm good, thank you Riddle." I rolled my eyes, faking nonchalance.

He chuckled just once as said, "I wasn't asking." My eyes widened as he lunged for me. His wet skin was cold as it touched mine and I yelped as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Mattheo put me down!" I slapped at his bare back and kicked my legs but it seemed to just egg him on and he was laughing and running faster towards the water. He wadded deeper and deeper before dropping me in.

A sharp piercing pain ran down my spine for a fraction of a second but I fought it as I watched the smile of memory Matty's face.

He made sure I never left his arms as he dunked me in and when I resurfaced and splashed water in his face he laughed even harder.

"Don't be such a princess" His words were muffled by my shrieking but they managed to halt my movements.

I'd learnt something about myself that day. My type wasn't just pale, moody, blonds and I really liked being called princess.

I blinked and was back in the dark room with Mattheo, his cheeks were a faint pink. I only noticed his shy smile when he reached up to scratch the back of his neck.

"You did a good job." He spoke, breaking the silence. "That's the way to do it. You focused on that memory when I tried to change it to something else. You are very good at that." His teeth peaked from behind his lips and I could hear my inner voice screaming to kiss him.

"If it makes you feel any better... I definitely had a crush on you too." Mattheo was avoiding my eyes as he spoke.

"You could see all of that?" my eyes widened and I prayed to whoever would listen that he said no.

He nodded and then chuckled, "I didn't know you liked being called Princess so much?"

I shoved at him but laughed and he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. "My Princess."