15

I've been hiding from Draco since the incident in his dorm room and strangely the boys have been avoiding me too.

Mattheo has been the most obvious absence from my day to day. Aside from classes, which he tends to keep his head down and actually do his work, I don't see him around at all.

As for doing his work, that's super strange for Matty, usually he doesn't put much effort into classes but when Theo asked for Mattheo's help with the study, thats when I knew they were being weird, and it wasn't just in my head.

Pansy tells me that the boys are always weird so I shouldn't pay attention to it, but I can't help but feel like they're avoiding me specifical.

It doesnt matter Pansy hisses under her breath. Just drop it, boys are dumb! She shuffles ion her seat.

I pack up my class work and head to the library, at least here I know that I'll be left alone, and I can focus on my work.

I must beat that witch Hermione in levels this year or my mother will lose her damned mind.

I open my ancient runes textbook and busy myself, using accio on the physical runes me as I study them to try to drill the shapes and carvings into my brain in the hope that Ill understand them better.

I overhear the sound of rushed words and then a sudden bang before a male voice telling everyone to be quiet.

I try my best to focus on the task at hand because it is usually so hard for me to focus, but before I even notice it happening my automatic writing quill that is supposed to record my thoughts, no longer writing about my notes.

are they talking about the Slytherin boys?

Is the last sentence I've written. Not exactly about runes.

Fine, I'll eavesdrop.

I cast a charm to amplify the boys voices and it takes me a while to adjust the sound before I can hear them clearly. But when I do, I'm more confused than ever.

"We have to tell her, its fucking inhuman."

"Don't fucking test me, you know what I will do to you."

"You are so fucking psychotic. Don't you see how this is going to end Draco"

Draco, arguing with someone about telling 'her' something. I have so many questions.

"Do you want me to curse you-"

"Fucks sake Draco, leave it man, he's just looking out for his friend"

God, I feel like I know these voices.

"Not one asked, Nott"

Draco and Theodore, now I must know what they're talking about.

"Look, this conversation is going nowhere, we both hate what you're doing to her. If she was my girl-"

There was a huge bang, like the sound of a hand hitting solid wood.

"But she isn't yours, and she will never be!" Draco growled back to mystery boy.

"Draco-"

"No, Theo, its time he hears it from me!" I hear a sharp chuckle and then he continues talking, "She's mine Riddle and even if you had the choice to take her, which you don't, you think she'd pick you?"

Mattheo!

I can't stop myself as I stand up from my chair, my thoughts still being written by my quill. I don't know why I've always felt the need to protect Matty, maybe because he has held me when I've cried or because I've done the same for him, but I can't stop myself.

"Shit" I hear as I turn the corner.

They're all gone, scattered like they were up to no good. I guess they were. What were they talking about?

I rush back to my spot in the library to pack everything of mine up, I need to share this with Pansy.

"There you are, Princess" I hear Matty's voice. I look up, stopping suddenly.

He's trying to sell his smile, but I can see that it doesn't quiet reach his eyes and he is leaning against the bookshelf, trying to be subtle.

I can't help but smirk.

"Matty, you okay?" I chuckle, trying to make him think I believe him.

"I was looking for you, you coming to dinner?" he tilts his head to one side. I know he is hiding his hurt from Draco's harsh words.

"I'm coming to dinner Matty." I smile, packing everything away and standing up. He goes to wrap his arm around me but stops himself and acts like he was just stretching.

Fuck, Dracos words really hit him.

"How was your day, Matty?" I ask, grabbing his free hand and pulling him closer.

He chuckles, "It was fine, I did nothing really, just class" he frees his hand to itch button his robe properly and then tucks them both into his pocket.

Weird.

I try my best not to worry about it, but I need to share this new information with Pansy, ASAP.

"Do you mind if we stop by the common room, I need to give these notes back to Pansy?" I tilt my head up to look at him and smile, trying to play innocent.

I can see a strange sense of urgency in Mattheos eyes, like he desperately needs to get something off his chest.

"Of course, I think Pansy is -" he is interrupted by Theo. He's leaning against the wall of the corridor and using leviosa to bounce a crumpled piece of paper out of boredom.

"Pansy is asleep in the dorm, I already tried to hang with her. Speaking of..." he joined us as we walked.

"Yeah no, he shoved Theos shoulder in annoyance anyone else? Mattheo joked, looking around.

"Shut it Riddle. As I was saying..." He turns back to me and wraps and arm around my shoulders.

Mattheo stiffens.

"We should organize a hangout by the black lake now that it's a bit warmer huh" Theos hair is falling in his eyes and as much as it looks annoying, the way he looks through it is really hot.

"I'm down." I smile at him, holding his hand that's on my shoulder.

"I knew you would be Pretty girl." he uses his index finger to poke the tip of my nose. I scrunch it up and chuckle a little, trying to shake it off.

"Always so fucking cute" he laughs and lets go of me. Catching sight of Blaise as he rounds the corner.

"Zabini!" He shouts and waves.

"Okay talk at dinner guys." he jogs after Blaise and leaves me and Mattheo again.