68

I ran the brush through my hair until it moved through the strands without getting snagged. The mud had caked to my skin, I had to scrub myself raw and red before I got it all off. I don't remember ever feeling this clean.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I ran the brush through my hair one more time, never taking my eyes off myself in the mirror.

"Hey, Cerci" Pansy smiled in the reflection.

I turned to her, placing the brush down on the vanity as I did, the metal thunked against the hard wood.

"You don't have to knock, Pans" I chuckle and Pansy mumbles an apology. I take in her still wet hair and her clean clothes. "Feels so much better right?" I smile at her. She smiles back, but I can see hesitation in her eyes. I tilt my head slightly to one side, narrowing my eyes.

"You okay?" I question.

"Yeah, it's just..." She trails off as she plays with her hands.

"Spit it out, Pans" I chuckle again.

"What do you plan to do with Theo?" I still. This was still a very touchy subject. Obviously Pansy and Theodore had something special. He was my friend sure, but I lost any empathy towards him when he tried to kill me for the second time.

"He forced you to kill you ex-girlfriend" I dead pan. I spread lip gloss over my lips, tyring to maintain my façade of nonchalance.

"I know, I just." She sighs and I can tell she is very conflicted about this. "He doesn't deserve to die." Her eyes are heavy and almost like a glamour had lifted, I note the dark bags under her eyes.

I turn to her, "What do you think I should do with him?" I straighten my back and slowly twist the cap back onto the lip gloss.

"Could you take his power, like you did with the Dark Lord, but stop before you kill him... He wouldn't be a threat he wouldn't-" I raise a hand and she stops talking.

"I don't have it anymore." I blink at her, my face solid.

"Oh..." She looks down at her hands again, the skin around her nails is red and raw from her picking.

"I will take your concern onboard Pansy." I smile, like I was always taught. "Today isn't his trial." I flutter my eyes at her, hoping to feign innocence. She buys it and smiles wider at me, nodding.

I stand from the vanity and brush my hands down the dark emerald green dress I'd chosen for today. It was strange how normal everything had become since I'd killed the Dark Lord. Everyone had gone to dinner in Draco's manor and we had all sat around the grand table and ate. We laughed and the weight that had become the norm had lifted. We didn't bring Theo up at all.

There was a knock at the door and this time it opened before I could answer. Mattheo stood in the space, one hand behind his back and that smirk on his handsome face.

"My Queen" He joked, Pansy lowered her head and aimed to shrink herself, like she felt as thought she was intruding.

"Pansy," I ran a hand down her arm reassuringly. "I will decide with your feelings in mind." She nodded and smiled up at me. I could feel the hope in her heart blossom as I smiled back at her and she left the room.

I dropped my shoulders as Mattheo entered the room fully and with a wave of my hand the door closed behind him.

"I love dark colours on you." He mumbled as he approached me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"This was my mothers" I grin, it was wicked and the glint in my eye eluded to the dark thoughts that were swirling inside my head.

"I love you like this, business casual." I stepped backwards to take him all in. His button up shirt was done up until the top two buttons, they showed off his strong chest and the tan skin under it. He had black slacks that the shirt tucked into and matte black dress shoes.

Mattheo had once told me that he hates having to brush his curls out of his face, it hurt and he thought the loose, wild curls had suited him better. So that's how he left his hair.

His eyes moved to my lips as I drank him in and when I met his eyes again he lent in to kiss me. His mouth was wild against my own, his teeth bit into my lower lip and I gasped. He moved me backwards, my backside hit the vanity as his tongue slid into my mouth.

There was a clatter of objects that had been knocked over or off the table, falling to the floor. Mattheo pulled back at the sound. "You make me wild, fucking look at you."

His hands were on either side of me, gripping the vanity. His eyes were dark and glowing with want and his chest was heaving with need. His eyes slowly raked down my neck and chest, dropping into the neckline and his tongue shot out to wet his lower lip. He groaned and dropped his forehead to my shoulder.

"You're lucky we have somewhere to be..." He muttered against my skin.

"You are the Dark Lord, we don't have to do anything" I held a teasing tone and his eyes met mine. A wild, dark storm raged behind that look of his.

"I have to be somewhere for you, for my lady." He kissed my neck lightly and my eyes fluttered closed.

"have you decided what to do with her?" He asked, his tongue licked up and down my neck so lightly. I moaned quietly but leaned into him.

"I'm definitely going to kill her." I gasped out a breath.

He moaned against my skin and then lifted his head till it rested against my forehead, "That's my girl."

He took my hand and we walked across the room to the door, "What did Pansy want?" He questioned as he pulled the door open.

"She doesn't think Theodore deserves to die" I roll my eyes and can't help the chuckle that falls from my lips.

"I'll do whatever you decide, My Queen." He walks shoulder to shoulder with me as we approached the throne room where everyone had gathered.

"He's already dead, there isn't much of a choice." I respond pushing the door open. Everyone inside rises to their feet as we enter.

As always, I take the only seat, the only throne and Mattheo stands next to me, almost draped over the back of the chair. He has a habit of always having to touch me, but I don't mind.

"Welcome everyone, you may sit." The crowd is alive with shuffles as everyone takes their seats again.

"Bring her in." I shout. Two guards burst through the doors dragging the soon to be executed woman. She is kicking and screaming, demanding they let her go. She has always loved the theatrics of it all.

They stop her in front of me as she glares daggers at me. Once, that would've worked, I would have cowered and run for my room at the yelling and her tone but, never again.

"Hello, Mother." I smile wickedly.